modelling intelligence

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore at triad.rr.com
Fri Jun 29 16:20:25 EST 2001

RN: Many decades (even a century) ago, serious
neurophysiologists were very busy measuring
"chronaxie" and "rheobase" for a large
number of different kinds of excitable tissue. Who is
interested in
those ideas today? Who even knows what they
mean?

GS: Also consider that the conceptual morass that
constitutes non-behavioral psychology may be of
exactly the same form. The failure of non-
behavioristic psychology to encourage and develop
sound conceptual analyses constitutes, IMO,
everything that is wrong with behavioral
neurobiology. My impression is that behavioral
neurobiologists have no sense of the history of
science. They are likely to poke fun at abanoned
concepts, but they do not appreciate that what they
have inherited from cognitive "science" may be made
of just so much phlogiston.

Glen

news:TY%_6.6306$8O2.104566 at typhoon.mw.mediaone.net...