John H. John at faraway.com.au
Thu Oct 11 21:58:21 EST 2001

Dag,

I have evidence that NO inactivates Tryptophan hydrox ... following up
something on ecstasy stumbled upon this:

The recent demonstration that TPH is inactivated by NO in vitro (Kuhn and
Arthur, 1996, 1997) establishes the possibility that this important brain
enzyme is susceptible to inactivation by NO in vivo and could form the basis
for loss of TPH activity when NO levels are elevated in brain (e.g.,
amphetamine-induced).

 in

Article: Molecular Mechanism of the Inactivation of Tryptophan Hydroxylase
by Nitric Oxide: Attack on Critical Sulfhydryls that Spare the Enzyme Iron
Center
Authors: Donald M. Kuhn 1,2 and Robert Arthur Jr 1
Journal: The Journal of Neuroscience, October 1, 1997, 17(19):7245-7251
Location:
N\Ni

news:9q287c$itb$1 at oravannahka.helsinki.fi...