anandamide and THC in neuroethology versus nepetalactone

Richard Norman rsnorman at
Tue Oct 23 20:29:43 EST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:31:27 GMT, howard.olson at wrote:

>Have there been any electrophysiological or other studies on the role of
>cannibinoid substance in the release of various hypothalamic hormones or the
>neurotransmitters that regulate them? I am especially interested in an
>similarities between nepetalactone (from Catnip) and THC or anandamide.
The only thing I could find in PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
on nepetalactone is
   Aydin S, Beis R, Ozturk Y, Baser KH, Baser C.
   Nepetalactone: a new opioid analgesic from Nepeta caesarea Boiss.
   J Pharm Pharmacol 1998 Jul;50(7):813-7

This certainly doesn't put it into the same category as anandamide!