question: job of a neuron

Robert Gurk bob.g at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 03:46:28 EST 2001

Lars wrote:

> Robert wants to know how "anything" can process perception
> or cognition. In his case, he may be right. My advice to you
> Bob is to follow Richard Norman's advice if that's within
> your realm.

Sorry, I didn't get that: I am Robert, my friends call me Bob,
though. And now that I gave this intimate fact to the public:
I still can't see how anything could process perception. OTOH,
obviously I can process my perceptions and cognitions, and our
best guess is that I use neurons to do that.
Still, I don't think that perception/cognition are concepts that
still hold, if you are on the level of the neuron.

Robert "Bob" Gurk