Wavelet answer: Re: question: job of a neuron

MEShinder meshinder at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 15:02:07 EST 2001

>The backaction propagation wave will interfere with future wavelet
>transmissions, but neurons do not exist as a singularity but as a component
>in a greater system.  The question ultimately becomes what is the job of a
>neuron "in its system".
>The summation of excitatory and inhibitory data from its connection with
>other neurons effects the wavelet modulator responses that the neuron will
>emit.

I think I'm understanding you up to here. The basic concept being that
signaling through networks of neurons is a continuous phenomenon, if I'm right.
Signals passing through neuronal pathways with positive or negative feedback
loops, lateral inhibition, or some other interconnecting architecture can thus
be viewed as waves like EEG. If I'm wrong please correct me.

> Regardless of the system wavelets will generate interference
>patterns with each other that is holographic in nature.  Neurons are not
>exempt from this because they are biological systems.  Neurons are
>oscillators.  The oscillation is not constant, therefore it is wavelet.

Here I'm lost. I don't understand the what is meant by holographic in this
context. I'm also alittle cloudy on the interference concept as I have viewed
neurons as stochastic and wave interference as occuring in a passive continuous
(nonstochastic) medium. Could you elaborate?