Fw: Wavelet answer: Re: question: job of a neuron

Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Tue Sep 4 16:05:21 EST 2001

> >The backaction propagation wave will interfere with future wavelet
> >transmissions, but neurons do not exist as a singularity but as a
component
> >in a greater system.  The question ultimately becomes what is the job of
> >neuron "in its system".
> >The summation of excitatory and inhibitory data from its connection with
> >other neurons effects the wavelet modulator responses that the neuron
will
> >emit.
>
> I think I'm understanding you up to here. The basic concept being that
> signaling through networks of neurons is a continuous phenomenon, if I'm
right.
> Signals passing through neuronal pathways with positive or negative
feedback
> loops, lateral inhibition, or some other interconnecting architecture can
thus
> be viewed as waves like EEG. If I'm wrong please correct me.

You are correct...

> > Regardless of the system wavelets will generate interference
> >patterns with each other that is holographic in nature.  Neurons are not
> >exempt from this because they are biological systems.  Neurons are
> >oscillators.  The oscillation is not constant, therefore it is wavelet.
>
> Here I'm lost. I don't understand the what is meant by holographic in this
> context. I'm also alittle cloudy on the interference concept as I have
viewed
> neurons as stochastic and wave interference as occuring in a passive
continuous
> (nonstochastic) medium. Could you elaborate?

Consider a child's wave machine.  At any one point of analysis of the waves
in the machine it is stochastic.  But for the whole machine across its power
spectrum it is equal to zero or the sum of the activating wave and its
opponent wave.  This relationship is global and therefore non-local except
from a distance integrating the information.  Interference is local and
non-local over Paul rf traps.  Holograms are the integration of interference
information observed at a distance if the hologram is read by a coherent
source or reference wave.  This is a special one out of many dichotomy.  It
is dynamic.

Related Links...

Interference
http://members.tripod.com/~vsg/interfer.htm

"Holographic technique stresses interference
"http://www.trnmag.com/Stories/041101/Holographic_technique_stresses_interfe
rence_041101.html

"ON THE HORIZON: HOLOGRAPHIC STORAGE "
http://www.sciam.com/2000/0500issue/0500toigbox5.html