How do neurons connect?

Justus Verhagen justus.verhagen at psy.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 7 04:17:03 EST 2001

Neurothrophic factors seem important (and surely cellular adhesion
molecules, etc).
>From my background, taste buds atrophy when the afferent peripheral
neuron is cut. Note that classically it is thought that there's only
info flow from buds to perihperal nerves.
Supposedly trophic factors sustain, and induce, contact.
It's an active connection, like in a tango (it takes two..)

On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 08:15:48 GMT, remove_this!helbrecht at gmx.net