Perforated Patch Problem

Dominic-Luc Webb molmed domweb at mbox.ki.se
Sat Sep 8 10:07:44 EST 2001

On 3 Sep 2001, Matthew Ireland wrote:

   > Dear Colleagues
   >
   > Currently I am using perforated patch on neurons within the CNS.
   > Recently, I have been experinceing a problem when I try to perforate a
   > neuron, instead of a full perforation as you would expect, it only
   > results in a partial perforation.

Not sure what a partial perforation is. Are you in fact getting
a proper seal? I suppose the ampB could go bad, or it could
leak out of the pipette and permeabilize the cells as well.
Are you back filling a small volume of the ampB into a large
volume of ampB-free buffer in the pipette?

Cheers,

Dominic