Re Brain Mass Concepts

Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Wed Sep 12 19:10:34 EST 2001

The correlation between brain mass and intelligence is suggestive.
The correlation is higher for CAT scans of the brain and intelligence.

I would suggest the larger the brain the longer it would take to educate it
and you may not immediately observe what we call higher intelligence.
There are interesting exceptions where people with significantly small
brains were very intelligent.

Because of my current interest in oscillations it is possible that a larger
brain would require a longer slower wavefunction to analyze and store data.
This speed could be one hertz or 1/4 of a hertz.  If true intelligence may
have very little to do with speed of response but having the time to
consolidate and have data interact and interfere with itself.  The bigger
the brain the longer the time it would take to do this.  The smaller the
brain the quicker a response would be generated.  If slow brain modulations
are related to intelligence in principle they could be taught to people with
biofeedback and by definition intelligence would be related to experience
not genetics.

Ron Blue
http://turn.to/ai