Stray-thoughts about LT and ST memory.

John H. John at faraway.com.au
Fri Sep 21 04:20:45 EST 2001

Okay, I have my suspicions about something as 'generic' calmodulin but
thought this might help you along. Also note that they could not knock out
Creb .... .

Researchers Find Enzyme Crucial to Preservation of Memories

http://www.hhmi.org/news/tonegawa.html

September 21, 2001— Using a technique to eliminate the function of one
enzyme in a restricted memory-related region in the brains of mice,
researchers have shown that the enzyme is important in consolidating
long-term memories.

John H.