How They Eye Works

Brian zhil at online.no
Wed Apr 3 14:23:39 EST 2002

This is not correct.
The information is already processed in the retina into two distinct pathways,
one for motion and the other for details/form/shape/colour.
These data are sent through the Thalamus, which is a center for your attention
(visual, audial etc.), to the occipital lobe.
There the information is processed into two pathways, the one with motion and
other spatial information is combined with information from the senses
(touch/orientation etc.) in the parietal lobe, just above the occipital lobe.
What do we see ?
This question is asked in your temporal lobe, which is a detail-gathering
center, through colour, shape etc.
The so-called 'Grand-Mothers Face'-cell doesn't exist, it is _distributed_ -
this way we can combine and recognize an almost endless num,ber of objects.
How we decide and such is not clear, I haven't reached as far in "Principles of
Neural Science" - but I'm approaching.

As a being, it is not just the brain, but also the rest of the body - they don't
just send signals to the brain - they also interpret it for us, so the brain
doesn't have to do the entire work-load.
Consciousness is probably best described by Dr.Calvin.
Check out some of his books, it doesn't take a genious to see what he's
researching for.

Brian

"BriF" <brif8 at hotmail.com> skrev i melding
news:_mEq8.53999$y26.11932236 at typhoon.tampabay.rr.com...