someone knows lorenzo's oil?

Brian zhil at
Wed Apr 3 14:52:28 EST 2002

I can probably not help you, but I saw glimpses of the same movie you
were refering to, while I was typing to some friends on various NG's.
I saw the part were they searched for long-chained unsaturated fatty acids.
Anyway, I did a search with "lorenzo's oil" and "fatty acids", and here is
the link describing de-myelinated axons [Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)]
 - and the treatment-program.
Maybe it will help somewhat, at least it's a beginning.

And I did another search with "HMSN" and "myelin" and here is the result:
"Hereditary Motor and Sensory
Neuropathies (HMN)
Sometimes known as peroneal muscular atrophy or
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT)"

This is what you're looking for.

If you're in an emergency, why not contact your nearest MD ?
>From my experience with this NG, you should probably get a response
from Richard.Norman (rnorman at or another expert.
I'm just a humble student, and I hope I haven't caused you to spend
unecessary time reading this post.

Oslo, Norway

"André Rohr" <rockettalk at> skrev i melding
news:a8d0f8$rfrqk$1 at