Charlie Gibbs cgibbs at sky.bus.com
Wed Apr 10 15:05:20 EST 2002

In article <7gr19a.ci2.ln at teabag.cbhnet> cbh at ieya.co.REMOVE_THIS.uk
(Chris Hedley) writes:

>According to Charles Richmond  <richmond at ev1.net>:
>> Many schizophrenics are highly intelligent. Their mental
>> abberation is highly stressful, and they weave intricate
>> and intriguing stories about themselves and the world.
>Schizophrenics often suffer from cognitive impairment,
>especially as the condition progresses; antipsychotic
>medications tend to exacerbate the situation, to make matters

You could say the same thing about politicians.

>> But they are delusional...and for this reason they are
>> dangerous. No matter how sympathetic a person might be
>> to the plight of schizophrenics, this fact can *not* be
>> forgotten...
>Contrary to popular belief, schizophrenics aren't particularly
>dangerous; any violence that they're "involved" in tends to be
>directed at them because of their condition, rather than caused
>by them, at least in most cases.  AIUI, schizophrenics are less
>likely to indulge in violence than "average" members of the
>population.  "Behaving in an unusual or disconcerting manner"
>doesn't really count as violence IMHO.

Politicians, on the other hand, can be _very_ dangerous, and
as any newspaper will show, they often get mixed up in some
pretty nasty violence.

I'd rather deal with the schizophrenics.

cgibbs at sky.bus.com (Charlie Gibbs)
Remove the first period after the "at" sign to reply.
I don't read top-posted messages.  If you want me to see your reply,
appropriately trim the quoted text and put your reply below it.