Joe Pfeiffer pfeiffer at cs.nmsu.edu
Wed Apr 10 22:47:43 EST 2002

Kragen Sitaker <kragen at pobox.com> writes:

> I'd like to learn more about the real story; where did you?

I've read the book, by Sylvia Nasar.  My assumption is that it's an
accurate biography.

<snip>

> So the delusions had to be made more realistic in order to bring the
> audience into Nash's mind.  A compromise of realism, sure, but less of
> a compromise than making it obvious he was delusional.

There's a local singer here named Bob Diven (I've got a copy of one of
his songs at www.cs.nmsu.edu/~pfeiffer/now.mp3) who makes the comment
that everything he sings is true, but it's not necessarily factual.
After reading the book and seeing the movie, I'd call that a very good
summary of the movie.  I mean that as a compliment, by the way.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002