Charlie Gibbs cgibbs at sky.bus.com
Thu Apr 11 13:24:54 EST 2002

In article <1blmburj4w.fsf at cs.nmsu.edu> pfeiffer at cs.nmsu.edu
(Joe Pfeiffer) writes:

>There's a local singer here named Bob Diven (I've got a copy of one of
>his songs at www.cs.nmsu.edu/~pfeiffer/now.mp3) who makes the comment
>that everything he sings is true, but it's not necessarily factual.
>After reading the book and seeing the movie, I'd call that a very good
>summary of the movie.  I mean that as a compliment, by the way.

That sounds sort of like the subtitle to "Tales from Margaritaville"
by Jimmy Buffett (yes, _that_ Jimmy Buffett): "Fictional Facts and
Factual Fictions".  It's a fun read, complete with a few memorable
tidbits, as when one of the characters is tracking down some stray
cattle: "Like everything else, just follow the bullshit."

--
cgibbs at sky.bus.com (Charlie Gibbs)
Remove the first period after the "at" sign to reply.