Layman's question on the biology of Long-term memory.

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore2 at
Sat Apr 13 06:38:15 EST 2002

I'll give you an answer that you won't hear too often, that also has the
virtue of being correct: the brain does not "store" anything. It is a
metaphor, and a bad one. Exposure to an ontogenic environment changes the
brain, and as a result an organism's behavior is changed. The metaphor has
been most damaging.

news:aed65916.0204112347.bc697a4 at