Can a haircut cause brain damage?

Richard Cavell richardcavell at mail.com
Fri Apr 19 05:21:50 EST 2002

> My question is, is it possible that her actions of combing hard and
> manipulating my head, caused any permanent brain cell damage???  Or is
> it just a temporary phenomenon after which I should recover 100% w/o
> any damage.  Maybe
> I'm paranoid because it wasn't any severe head trauma at all but my
> mind still does feel a bit fuzzy.

I'm trying to think of a way:

Epithelial damage to skin -> intrusion of staph. aureus germs -> travel to
blood -> septicaemia -> spread to brain -> encephalitis -> compression of
brain -> brain damage

or:

manipulation of head -> causes neck pain -> patient sees chiropractor ->
damages vertebral arteries-> thromboembolism to brain -> stroke -> brain
damage

or:

Nah, having a hair cut isn't going to cause brain damage