Physiology Question

Richard Alexander pooua at aol.com
Fri Apr 26 16:58:19 EST 2002

I sent the following e-mail to Baylor and Southwestern Medical
research centers:

Dear Sir:

When I was about 5 years old, I found that I could turn on (and off) a
sensation that resembles electricity, simply by mental concentration.
I can control the intensity and location of the sensation, making it
extremely strong or very weak. If I make the sensation strong enough,
the muscles in the area where I turn it on will jerk. It can numb
minor pain for a few seconds, and clear my sinuses. It also makes me
groggy and fatigued.

I don't know what this sensation is. I've read several medical books
and asked several doctors, but none of them have been able to answer
what the sensation is. Recently, I posed the question to a Usenet
newsgroup, sci.med. The members encouraged me to investigate the
sensation further. They suggested that I contact a medical research
facility, to see if they could perform some diagnostics.

Would you be able to refer me to anyone who might be able to
investigate this sensation?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Richard Alexander