retinal projections - a black swan?

Thalamus zhil at online.no
Fri Aug 2 16:16:41 EST 2002

There are TWO pathways from the retina (motion/direction vs shape/colour),
so it would take excessive place to have a feedback-mechanism from the
Occipital lobe.
And why should there BE any feedback anyway from the Occipital lobe ?
There are already a feedback-mechanism, when referring to the pupillary
constriction/dilation (via the cilliary ganglion) and it is mediated in the
Pretectum, not the Occipital lobe.

Brian

"C.J.L. Wolf" <C.J.L.Wolf at ncl.ac.uk> skrev i melding
news:Pine.SOL.4.21.0208021630440.15544-100000 at aidan.ncl.ac.uk...