brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight johnknight at usa.com
Sat Aug 3 11:17:02 EST 2002

"Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:nCL29.3972$9g7.936910 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
> news:kQK29.56711$Fq6.4999392 at news2.west.cox.net...
> >
> > "Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:gj529.2150$9g7.421107 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> > > "Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
> > > news:i1mhkugkvkveqhjlbsfjr5bo4jaduimbqh at 4ax.com...
> > TIMSS
> > > was

> > > Ha ha ha!!  That's not really big enough to get an accurate picture.
> > >
> > > I assumed that it was simply given to every student in the country
that
> > was
> > > of the required grade.
> > >

> > You "assumed" what?
> >
> > Not only are your assumptions dead wrong, but so are your conclusions,
and
> > analysis, and for that matter, your entire participation in this forum.
> > 2,795 is MORE than enough American students to get a plus or minus 3%
> > standard error, which means that you just proved that you know less than
> > nothing about probability and statistics.
>
> About 1400 women?  And you think that reflects all women in the country?
>
> You are wrong.

Which PROVES, once and for all, that you know NOTHING about probability and
statistics.

No wonder you couldn't do the simplest of calculations.

Why don't you tell us, Oh Great White Hope For Women, exactly how many
Americans The Gallup Organization needs to poll in order to get an accuracy
of plus or minus 2%?

If you can't answer that question, you will PROVE, once and for all, that
attempting to educate women is a HUGE mistake, and that spending an EXTRA $8
trillion only to get THIS is even worse than a HUGE mistake.

John Knight

ps--we already realize that you won't answer this question, and it has been
surmised that the reason women don't ever answer such questions is that they
"fear" the answers.  I disagree.  I'm pretty well convinced that you don't
have the intellectual capacity to grasp these "abstract concepts" which are
second nature to most men (not all, but to a majority).  To be specific, the
probability and statistic question which covered this particular "abstract
concept", Item J13, is one on which less than 10% of American girls
demonstrated a proficiency, compared to 55% of American boys, 43% of girls
internationally, and 77% of Danish boys.