brain sizes: Einstein's and women's--jet

Joseph A Nagy Jr pagan_prince at charter.net
Sat Aug 3 21:14:12 EST 2002

mat wrote:
> No it won't you fool.  Answer we this, and don't conveniently avoid it
> like the other difficult parts of my last post:
>
> If a coin is flipped twice am I certain to get one head and one tail
> (as would be the case according to your logic.
>
> If I flip a coin three times, what is the probability of getting at
> least one head?
>
> Just answer those questions and we know where we stand.  Furthermore,
> if you don't answer you will confirm your inability to comprehend
> basic mathematics.

Even though statistically you can expect 50% on either side of a coin
flip, coin flips CAN be rigged. I know, I've done enough coin flipping.
Say you want heads all the time, just before you get the coin, flip it
over to tails and every time you flip (and just let it land instead of
catching it and then slapping it down on the back of your hand), ou well
get heads all the time.

Granted this isn't possible with a computer program (unless you rigged
the program, too). A better example would be a properly programmed
number randomizer (which could be modified for coin flip, just take a
six sided die and assign even numbers to heads (or tails) and odd
numbers to tails (or heads).

If you want fixed results, use a person.
If you want true to life randomizer (that can't be fixed by Joe
average), use a computer program.

--
Joseph A Nagy Jr
Founder and Partner