brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Richard C. August raugust at ptd.net
Tue Aug 6 08:04:53 EST 2002


Dear Parse Tree,

Is our morality based on fear when The Holy Bible says in 2 Timothy 1:7,

7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind.

and in Psalm 91,

91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide
under the shadow of the Almighty.  2  I will say of the LORD, [He is] my
refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3  Surely he shall
deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome
pestilence.  4  He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings
shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.  5  Thou
shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that]
flieth by day;  6  [Nor] for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness;
[nor] for the destruction [that] wasteth at noonday.  7  A thousand shall
fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not
come nigh thee.  8  Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the
reward of the wicked.  9  Because thou hast made the LORD, [which is] my
refuge, [even] the most High, thy habitation;  10  There shall no evil
befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.  11  For he
shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.  12
They shall bear thee up in [their] hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a
stone.  13  Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the
dragon shalt thou trample under feet.  14  Because he hath set his love upon
me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath
known my name.  15  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I [will
be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.  16  With long
life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Dear Parse Tree,  God's promise of Divine Protection, and His promise of
deliverance into Heaven when we Christians pass from this earth, is NOT
based on fear AT ALL.  Though the Bible is replete with warnings against
hell if we disobey God in sin, God warns us against hell because He loves us
and wants to be UNITED with His creation.

Does a fearful soul trample a young lion and a dragon under his feet?  Does
a courageous soul walk around nervously and make crazy decisions based on a
schizophrenic mind?  Does a person not of sound mind become fearless and
even kind to others?

For you to say that both Wicca and Christianity are so interchangeable, and
that all you need to do is switch icons and candles to change from one to
the other, is truly despicable blasphemy.  I pray that Christ would by the
power of the Holy Ghost, Word and Sacrament, and Baptism, deliver you from
such heresy.  How many witches/sorcerers/wizards have you seen go completely
insane because they could no longer control the demons who were their
guides?  How many devout Christians have you seen go insane because they
could no longer control Christ, who is our Healer and Shepherd?  I praise
God that because of my baptism in Christ Jesus, I am mentally and
spiritually much better than I was, due to God's protecting me from the
things that once made me crazy.

Consider what you say, Parse Tree, because God never gives a spirit of
uncontrolled phobia, as you say.




Sincerely,


Richard C. August

"Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:VGi29.2513$sI2.1336000 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> "Jd" <JDay123 at BellSouth.com> wrote in message
> news:3d495c14.26033110 at news1.lig.bellsouth.net...
> > In alt.education  Re: brain sizes: Einstein's and women's,
> > Parse Tree wrote...
> >
> > >Wow.  Since the conversations of the simple are even simpler than those
> of
> > >normal people that's quite a feat!!
> >
> > Well, I did catch the part where ShadowDancer said here version of
> > Wiccuss was not anything like your version, which is similar (somehow?)
> > to Christianity.
>
> What the hell is Wiccuss?
>
> Wicca has a similar code of morality, based on fear.  If you take
> Christianity and make the god female, replace praying with hokey candle
> magick, and Jesus with any religious figure you have Wicca.
>
>





More information about the Neur-sci mailing list