brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight johnknight at usa.com
Tue Aug 6 23:12:42 EST 2002

"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
news:c2gtku83achtkaojhbpbj9r4a35cfqni6m at 4ax.com...
> Joseph A Nagy Jr <pagan_prince at bigfire-hsv.org> wrote:
> >John Knight wrote:
> >> Gallup bases it's surveys on polls of 2,000 Americans, and they are
accurate
> >> to within plus or minus 2%, EXCEPT that they are now run by jews, and
these
> >> jews have an agenda, and that agenda is to overthrow the government of
the
> >> United States, which means that the built-in bias in the poll questions
is a
> >> bigger hindrance to getting at the truth than any large sampling error
that
> >> might possibly exist in their polling methodology.
> >
> >As for Gallup polls and their sample size, I hardly think 2K people is
> >good enough for an error of only +/- 2%, so unless you got a link to
> >back up your numbers...*shrugs*
>
> He's wrong (as usual), but not by too far for once.  Here is the
> reference.
>
> http://whyfiles.org/009poll/math_primer.html
> >Sample size is dictated by how accurate you must be, or how large a
> > margin of error you can tolerate.
> >Jessica Utts, a statistics expert at University of California at
> > Davis, says you can usually estimate the margin of error by finding
> > the square root of the sample size (n), then dividing 1 by that
> > number:
> >
> >What is the margin of error if we sample 1,600 people?
> >
> >The square root of 1,600 = 40, and 1/40 = .025, or 2.5%. Thus the
> > margin of error is 2.5%.
>
> So you would need 2500 for a 2% error assuming a normal distribution.
> But of course most statistical data is not exactly according to a
> normal distribution, something the nincompoop doesn't understand.
> Furthermore, polling data can be affected by bias.  From the same
> site:
> http://whyfiles.org/009poll/math_primer2.html
>
> >Reader Beware
> >A legitimate political poll should come with some information to help
> > you assess it: the number of people contacted, when the poll was
> > conducted, and the margin of error. The margin is typically phrased
> > as "accurate to plus or minus 3 percentage points," for a true range
> > of uncertainty of 6 percent.
> >
> >That's All There Is To It?
> >Sorry. We need to discuss some limitations. First of all, one time in
> > 20, the results can be outside the margin of error. So if you read a
> > lot of polls, some of them will be wrong. It's part of the
> > statistical game of chance.
> >
> >More important, remember that the margin of error is only valid if the
> > poll was *perfectly* designed and *perfectly* executed. That means no
> > errors in writing the questionnaire. And it means making sure
> > everybody was treated equally.
>
> lojbab

The biggest errors in the Gallup Polls aren't statistical, but the bias
introduced because they're an obvious advocacy group.

The above disclaimer has to *really* be applied to their polls.

According to just about every poll EXCEPT Gallup, most Americans oppose the
legalization of sodomy, but Gallup headlines its poll about faggots "Some
Change Over Time in American Attitudes towards Homosexuality, but Negativity
Remains".

http://christianparty.net/sodomy.htm

http://christianparty.net/gallupsodomy.htm

You can't ask for better evidence of their hideous agenda than that.

John Knight