brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight johnknight at usa.com
Tue Aug 6 23:15:43 EST 2002

"Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:dlV29.4417$sI2.1798259 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
> news:2mT29.58427$Fq6.5084565 at news2.west.cox.net...
> > "Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:nCL29.3972$9g7.936910 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> > > "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
> > > news:kQK29.56711$Fq6.4999392 at news2.west.cox.net...

> > conservative.

> > that

> > and
> forum.
> than
> > >
> > > About 1400 women?  And you think that reflects all women in the
country?

> > > You are wrong.
> > >

> > Which PROVES, once and for all, that you know NOTHING about probability
> and
> > statistics.
> >
> > No wonder you couldn't do the simplest of calculations.
> >
> > Why don't you tell us, Oh Great White Hope For Women, exactly how many
> > Americans The Gallup Organization needs to poll in order to get an
> accuracy
> > of plus or minus 2%?
> >
> > If you can't answer that question, you will PROVE, once and for all,
that
> > attempting to educate women is a HUGE mistake, and that spending an
EXTRA
> $8
> > trillion only to get THIS is even worse than a HUGE mistake.
> >
> > John Knight
>
> Gallup polls are political, and don't have teh complexity of an academic
> test.

This isn't a true statement, and even if it was, this would have nothing to
do with the accuracy of polls or studies.  Gallup's political polls are a
small part of all of their polls.  And even if they were political, the
exact same principles of probability and statistics apply to Gallup that
apply to TIMSS.

> > ps--we already realize that you won't answer this question, and it has
> been
> > surmised that the reason women don't ever answer such questions is that
> they
> > "fear" the answers.  I disagree.  I'm pretty well convinced that you
don't
> > have the intellectual capacity to grasp these "abstract concepts" which
> are
> > second nature to most men (not all, but to a majority).  To be specific,
> the
> > probability and statistic question which covered this particular
"abstract
> > concept", Item J13, is one on which less than 10% of American girls
> > demonstrated a proficiency, compared to 55% of American boys, 43% of
girls
> > internationally, and 77% of Danish boys.
>
> I'm not a woman nor am I American.

Yeah, right.  And all my grandmother needs to be my grandfather is .alls!

John Knight