brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight johnknight at usa.com
Tue Aug 6 23:37:33 EST 2002

"wd" <server57.5 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ukoa4pe6umhc4f at corp.supernews.com...

> "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
> news:00U29.58629$Fq6.5095810 at news2.west.cox.net...
> > "Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:3OL29.3974$9g7.937729 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> > >
> > > "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
> > > news:ovL29.56937$Fq6.5011400 at news2.west.cox.net...

> do
> > > NOT

> parents
> > > own
> in

> the
> > > word
> > AVERAGE
> > >
> > > "Really, even the most highly credit-worthy homeowners in the USA do
NOT
> > > entirely own their own property."
> > >
> > > A single case counter example is enough to invalidate this statement.
> > >

> > Who do you think paid the hundreds of billions of dollars from the
> collapse
> > of the savings and loans banks?
>
> The FDIC

Yes, except that it's homeowners who originally provided the income that the
FDIC used to pay it off.

> in
> > > this
> > >
> > > He should have said the average then.  Regardless, I haven't seen any
> > stats
> > > to support this, even for the average.
> >
> > What you mean is that you either didn't understand it, or you disagree
> with
> > it--start with http://christianparty.net/debt.htm if you want to get an
> > eyeful.
> >
> > BEFORE the recent collapse in housing prices, mortgage debt was a
trillion
> > dollars more than the value of all housing in the country.
>
> And who over inflated the price of houses?
>
> The banks themselves.  And those same banks (using their own appraisers)
> signed off on those loans knowing very well the house was not really worth
> the dollar amount on
> the appraisal.
>
> And who was eager to go along with the over appraisals?
> Realators. (of which is 95% women)
>
> So it seems they made their bed, but wanted someone else to sleep in it.
> They are just as guilty as the CEO's of Enron and the rest.

That's an interesting point.  Who knows whether or not the women realtors
and appraisors did it on purpose, or were just too stupid to know what they
were doing.

The scores on TIMSS suggest the latter, but it may have been a combination
of both.

However, behind all of that was a mastermind who looted our treasury while
keeping us distracted with all kinds of trivia, not the least of which is
911.

John Knight