'U' See?

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 8 11:47:31 EST 2002

Kenneth Collins wrote in message ...
>Sorry, I left out some necessary details.
>
>'down-ness' and 'up-ness' are just relative TD E/I 'momentary'
>directionality, in this exercize, artificially mapped in 2-D because
>that's how the data were recorded.
>
>It's not 'illegal' Maths. It's just some of how Maths actually
>happens within nervous systems.
>
>k. p. collins
>
>Kenneth Collins wrote in message ...
>>Kenneth Collins wrote in message ...
>>>[...]
>>>There is convergence, within a "U"-shaped 'well', and that can be
>>>termed "oscillation", but it's better described as damped-harmonic
>>>'motion' [with respect to TD E/I, not like a tuning fork dunked in
>>>a  viscous liquid],

because TD E/I is not 'analogous to the =relatively= 'uniform' action
of a viscous fluid.

[which is, again, why the "oscillation" is only an illusion - a
'shadow' of TD E/I-minimization - an artifact of TD E/I-minimization.

At the ionic [3-D energy-flow] 'level' in which TD E/I-minimization
derives, everything's 'just' =continuous= variation.

The mactoscopic "oscillation" is an illusion at-scale.

Same as when a strong wind shakes a tree. The tree might "oscillate",
but look-closer, and everything's going directionally willy-nilly.

In nervous systems all of the ionic stuff is, more or less,
rigorously-mapped in a topologically-distributed fashion with respect
to both internal and external WDB2T.

Within this 'storm' of ionic-flow directionalities, the TD
E/I-minimization mechanisms 'latch' TD E/I(down), which enables
convergence upon relative TD E/I(min).

But the "oscillation" is just a macroscopic illusion that's
correlated with the 'pawling'-latencies inherent in the TD
E/I-minimization mechanisms' functioning.

TD E/I 'overshoots' before the TD E/I-minimization mechanisms can
'stick-the-pawl' in-there.

The "oscilation" is just an artifact of TD E/I-minimization that
derives in this 'latching' ["pawling"] over-shoot.

If the macroscopic illusion of "oscillation" is attended-to,
=everything= that actually matters is ignored.

the other thing is that, within the 'brain', TD E/I-minimization
incorporates topologically-mapped 'arrays':

"U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
  "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
    "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
     "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
      "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
        "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
         "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
           "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
            "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"
              "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U" "U"

As is discussed in AoK, Ap6, the 'columnar' distributions of 'local'
TD E/I-minimization 'zones' are set-up as a function of 'normal'
sensory-inputs, mapped with respect to one another, 'hovering' about
a cantral 'focus' [that correlates with the front-center orientation
dynamics that are discussed in AoK, Ap3 [and disclosed in the
Chronister, et al ref]. See the discussion of "sliding fields" in
AoK, Ap6 [and run the "RELMO.bas ["relative motion"] QBasic code I
posted before logging-off the last 'time'.]

You, you, you... See?

k. p. collins

k. p. collins