brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Joseph A Nagy Jr pagan_prince at charter.net
Thu Aug 8 19:07:44 EST 2002

Richard C. August wrote:
> Dear Mr. Nagy,
>
> Exodus 22:18 says, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
>
> Deuteronomy 18:10-14 says, "10  There shall not be found among you [any one]
> that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that
> useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a  witch ,
> 11  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a
> necromancer.  12  For all that do these things [are] an abomination unto the
> LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out
> from before thee.  13  Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.  14  For
> these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times,
> and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee
> so [to do]."
>
> 1 Samuel 15:23 says, "23  For rebellion [is as] the sin of  witchcraft , and
> stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the
> word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king."
>
> 2 Chronicles 33:1-6 says, "33:1  Manasseh [was] twelve years old when he
> began to reign, and he reigned fifty and five years in Jerusalem:  2  But
> did [that which was] evil in the sight of the LORD, like unto the
> abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD had cast out before the children
> of Israel.  3  For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father
> had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim, and made groves, and
> worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.   4  Also he built
> altars in the house of the LORD, whereof the LORD had said, In Jerusalem
> shall my name be for ever.  5  And he built altars for all the host of
> heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD.  6  And he caused his
> children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also
> he observed times, and used enchantments, and used  witchcraft , and dealt
> with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight
> of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.".
>
> Galatians 5:16-23 says, "6  [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye
> shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  17  For the flesh lusteth against
> the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one
> to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.  18  But if ye
> be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.  19  Now the works of the
> flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness,
> lasciviousness,  20  Idolatry,  witchcraft , hatred, variance, emulations,
> wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness,
> revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also
> told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit
> the kingdom of God.  22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
> longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23  Meekness, temperance:
> [...]

If you were a deity just starting out, and were worshiped as the one
true deity, would you not also say, hey, these others don't really
exist, never did. I am the one true God, worship me as such.

> God's Word, the Bible, also has this to say about idolatry in general.
>
> 1 Peter 4:2-3 says,  "2  That he no longer should live the rest of [his]
> time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.  3  For the
> time past of [our] life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the
> Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine,
> revellings, banquetings, and abominable  idolatries".
>
> When we express intolerance of any other religion save Christianity, we are
> expressing the Divine Will of God according to His Word.  This same Bible,
> which contains stern admonitions against Wiccan craft, idolatry, and
> anti-Christian tripe, also says this:

Then God is not a loving God, but a jealous, vengeful, petty little
deity. I'd prefer to think of him/her/it on nicer terms. I may have
rejected Christianity as a path, but I have not rejected it's ideals of
compassion, truth, and love, nor have I said anyone group is right above
the other. The only time we will know for sure is upon our death bed,
but this being said, I also know I have lived at least 3 past lives, so
final death is not final death for the soul, only the vessel.

> [...]
> bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him]. "  John 1:1-18.
>
> Romans 8:14-19 advises, "14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God,
> they are the  sons  of God.  15  For ye have not received the spirit of
> bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby
> we cry, Abba, Father.  16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our
> spirit, that we are the children of God:  17  And if children, then heirs;
> heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with
> [him], that we may be also glorified together.  18  For I reckon that the
> sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the
> glory which shall be revealed in us.  19  For the earnest expectation of the
> creature waiteth for the manifestation of the  sons  of God."
>
> Romans 1 says, "21  Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him]
> not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations,
> and their foolish heart was darkened.  22  Professing themselves to be wise,
> they became fools,  23  And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into
> an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts,
> and creeping things.  24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness
> through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between
> themselves:  25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and
> served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
> 26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their
> women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:  27  And
> likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their
> lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and
> receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.  28
> And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave
> them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
> 29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness,
> covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit,
> malignity; whisperers, 30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud,
> boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,  31  Without
> understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable,
> unmerciful:  32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit
> such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in
> them that do them."
>
> Mr. Nagy, when modes of worship and means of redemption against sin are so
> clearly DIFFERENT between witchcraft and Christianity, with witchcraft
> holding so many false gods and Christianity worshipping the only real God,
> how dare you have the gall to say that the only difference between
> Christianity and witchcraft are their trappings.

Modes of worship are NOT so clearly different between Paganism and
Christianity. Prayer is another form of spell crafting. The blessing of
the alter is just a simple spell to cleanse the area of evil so that
other spells/prayers may be cast/said without worry of being interrupted
by those harmful things that DO exist.

> I dare you to prove, for example, that the Our Father is a form of casting a
> spell, when this is given by the same God who authored the same Bible as

"Our Father, who art in heaven
hallowed by thy name"

You start off with a simple, loving message to your deity to grab his
attention.

The rest follows as an example to focus your mind at the prayer at hand
(the focusing of power), and in turn, makes sure that when you come to
the reason for calling upon him.

> this text, Galatians 5:19-25, "19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest,
> which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  20
> Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred,  variance , emulations, wrath, strife,
> seditions, heresies,  21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and
> such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time
> past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
> 22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
> gentleness, goodness, faith, 23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is
> no law.  24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the
> affections and lusts.  25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the
> Spirit."
>
> Can a work of the flesh be a work of God's Spirit, when God's own WORD
> CLEARLY STATES IT ISN'T SO?

God's own word was written thousands of years ago by superstitous men
(not that mankind is any les superstitious).

> Honestly, I can't see what you see in witchcraft,

What I see in Wicca (which if you ask any Wiccan, is not exactly the
same was Witchcraft, although there are similiar elements, IMO) is
self-empowerment and the Gods (and Goddesses) involvement in every day
life, in all of nature you see the miracles being wrought, your may
believe your God made those things, and that is fine, and you might even
see his hand in your everyday life, and that is fine too, but I don't
see YOUR God's hand in my life. Also, being judged by some supreme being
who doesn't exist in my life isn't for me, although all the more power
to ya for believing. Faith is a wonderful thing when it's used to say
how much love and peace you have found through it, not how much
damnation others will find because they haven't found the peace in the
way you have.

Real Faith can move mountains, Mr. August. When's the last time you
moved a mountain or re-arranged the stores to show your love for
someone? I have done the impossible. I have moved a mountain and
rearranged the stars (figuratively, of course) in my dealings with
friends. I have helped them find an alternative to death and dying when
I show them how much I love who they are. For some people, that is more
then any religion has ever done for them. My mountains and stars may not
be real, but they are just as important.

>when Christ was given ALL
> authority in Heaven and Earth.  Matthew 28:18 says, "18  And Jesus came and
> spake unto them, saying, All  power  is given unto me in heaven and in
> earth."  Why only half-step, when you could go the full round with Jesus
> Christ, who has all power (exousia - "authority") on Heaven and Earth?
> Satan trembles at the mere breath of the Name of Christ.  Satan is given one
> more fatal blow when a new child of God is baptized into the death and
> resurrection of Christ.  Satan is further crushed when a beloved new child
> of God continues to die daily to sin and drown his old sin nature in the
> waters of Baptism, that the new man might rise daily unto repentance and
> righteousness, better able to serve God.  Can you say as much for Wiccan
> crafts?  Can you assure yourself, or me, or anyone else that Wiccan craft
> has eternal redemption of sins?  Does Wiccan craft even have a CONCEPT
> called sin?

No, because there is no concept of pure evil or pure good because it
doesn't exist. It cannot exist as a balance must always be maintained.
You would say "what about taking a life, is that not evil?" Well, I say
why was that life taken? Were you defending yourself from harm? Or were
you slaughtering the lamb to feed your family. In both instances you
took a life. Both were to only help yourself, is that not selfish (and
in so being a sin)? What about the axe murder who "found" God? Is he any
less an axe murder? No, but he has tried to change his ways, so he is
not pure evil, then. Obviously if he found God, he was forgiven,
although I still doubt he would enter paradise. He needlessly took lives
that were not his for the taking. Pure good and evil do not exist.

> Jesus Christ, who knew no sin, became sin for us, bearing all our sins in
> His Body on the Cross.  By Christ's stripes of Blood alone are we ever
> healed or redeemed. If this is hateful, if this is intolerant, if this is a
> t all unloving or spiteful, then I challenge YOU to die for the redemption
> of your sins, or those of someone else.  Christ died for our sins so we
> didn't have to die in our sins.

It isn't. That shows great love and caring for his subjects. Any God
that didn't care about his/her subjects isn't worth their wait in salt.

> If you can reliably prove that there is salvation from death, hell, and the
> devil in witchcraft, then millions of people have worshipped the wrong god.
> The Holy Bible, millions of Christian worshippers, historical documents, and
> church upon church, have proven the real salvation from the world, the
> flesh, the devil, hell, and death, in the person of Jesus Christ alone, and
> Him CRUCIFIED.

You first have to believe in heaven and hell. I don't.

> May you truly learn of the REAL LOVE Christ has for you, that HE DIED for
> YOU.

And may you learn Christs love for your fellow man, remember that the
Jewish people were the first to believe in your one God. And remember
too that while I do not worship your one God, I also do not reject him.

> In Christ,
>

> Richard C. August

I thank you for calling upon me to think, Mr. August. This post here
proves that there may be some redemption for us all. You not once
condemned condemned anyone, although you tried (not in vain either,
anything that makes us think and doesn't use name calling and bashing is
good, as we grow and learn) to sway me to your side (and did a good job
of it, I must say, you have given me a lot to think about) you did not
cause me to reject my current path. Only question my faith. Once faith
is questioned, one cannot help but reflect on what has been said. I hope
you too, find this reflection of your soul.

Brightest of Blessings,

Joseph A Nagy Jr