brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Opie Taylor OpieTaylor at MayberryRFD.com
Fri Aug 9 20:14:28 EST 2002

Dear Richard

Perhaps you can explain exactly what heaven and hell are.  I've always wanted to
know.

Are their days and night in heaven?  In hell?  Is heaven really up-there and
hell down-there?  Is heaven simply a place where people praise a supreme being
all day (like a star trek I remember)?  Are there birds in heaven?  In hell?
Are there schools in heaven for little ones who died at birth?  Is there
anything more important in heaven than blissful surrender of one's being?  What
would one be doing 100,000 years after entering heaven?  Of entering hell?  Is
there a purgatory for mild sinners who said "I believe" at the last minute?
What about the guy in another thread in this new group who says he's cried out
to god and has received no answer -- where will he go and what will he do?  Can
I fly my model airplanes in heaven or, is there no air to keep it in the sky?
Is there a sky?  Can you in all your wisdom describe any aspect of the afterlife
in detail?  Or, is heaven simply a better place than hell because somebody said
so.  And please, don't be trite.

Come on -- be specific.  Exactly what is heaven and hell and why is one better
than the other or, for that matter, better than simple eternal sleep.
----------
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:28:21 GMT, "Richard C. August" <raugust at ptd.net> wrote:

|Dear Joseph,
|
|You either believe in Heaven or Hell NOW, or you will believe in it when you
|pass from this earth.
|
|And, you prove how two-faced you are, when you say there is no "pure" good
|or "pure" evil when you state that the blessing of the altar was a means of
|chasing away evil.  You either have pure good, in Christ as God, or you have
|pure evil, in everything else.
|
|Concerning the Our Father, in the First Petition, Dr. Martin Luther, in his
|Small Catechism, interprets thus:

|"1] Our Father who art in heaven.

> [...]
|Father is merely a means of grabbing God's attention.  God is NOT a man, and
|being the CREATOR of the universe, He is omniscient, omnipotent, and
|omnipresent.  He knows every hair on your head and every breath you take.
|He knows your DNA, for He made it (Psalm 139).
|
|Concerning my being a deity, I don't want the job.  I don't want to be
|worshipped by any followers, only to be begged to heal their lives, souls,
|or bodies, and then when I do so, to be spurned for someone else.  Why
|bother with that?  Only GOD ALMIGHTY has a RIGHT to that role.
|
|There also is no focusing of power in the prayer, for ALL power rests in
|Jesus Christ, as He said in Matthew 28.
|
|You either worship HIM, as there is only ONE GOD (Deuteronomy 6), or you
|reject HIM.  WORSHIP GOD OR REJECT GOD, Joseph.  Accept God and live in
|Heaven when you pass, or reject God and die in Hell in your sins.  Hebrews
|9:27 says, "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this, the
|judgement."  God's elevator of judgement goes up to Heaven in Christ, or
|down to Hell in your sins.  To believe any doctrine contrary to the Holy
|Scriptures is to accept Hell as your unfortunate fate, for the Great
|Archdeceiver Satan would have you believe that there is no Hell, or that
|Hell is for Children, or that Hell is a place of numbed sensitivities, or
|that Hell is eternal existence in self-indulgence.  Hell is a great chasm, a
|burning fire which doesn't go out and whose worms don't die.  Hell is
|separation from the Almighty Creator God, who sent His son Jesus Christ to
|die for our redemption from sin and also His Holy Spirit to comfort and
|guide us in Christ.
|
|What are you, other than one who has been mercilessly deceived?  I, for one,
|have had no mountains to move which God Almighty hasn't moved for me or
|isn't moving already.  I don't need to move mountains, only to trust God
|with my own feeble faith.  I find the reflection of my soul in the Law of
|God, which acts as mirror, curb, and guide.  My soul is poor, for it is
|stained in sin, yet washed with the crimson Blood of Christ!!!  I pray God
|would wash your soul free from sin as well, in the waters of Holy Baptism
|and bury your dead old nature in Christ's grave.
|
|Real Christians are not called to bash or name-call others, but to cause
|others to come to the Truth in Christ in a spirit of love.  Hell,
|unfortunately, is very painfully real, and Heaven is as much a real blessing
|to those who believe and pass from this earth.  In witchcraft/wicca, as in
|Hinduism/Buddhism, you have endless regeneration in reincarnation to Nirvana
|or union with the divine soul/Brahma.  In Christ, you have endless, eternal
|life as ONE whole PERSON living in God, and reincarnation is not only
|unnecessary, but an outright DENIAL of sacred Scripture and real, Divine
|Truth.  May God help you learn of His love for you in Christ Jesus.

<snip>