brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at lojban.org
Sat Aug 10 11:38:47 EST 2002

"Richard C. August" <raugust at ptd.net> wrote:
>You either believe in Heaven or Hell NOW, or you will believe in it when you
>pass from this earth.

Well, since he has a choice as to when, he is choosing later ...

>And, you prove how two-faced you are, when you say there is no "pure" good
>or "pure" evil when you state that the blessing of the altar was a means of
>chasing away evil.  You either have pure good, in Christ as God, or you have
>pure evil, in everything else.

How does his not believing this make him "two-faced"?

>"1] Our Father who art in heaven.
>
>2] What does this mean?-Answer.
>
>God would thereby [with this little introduction] tenderly urge us to
>believe that He is our true Father, and that we are His true children, so
>that we may ask Him confidently with all assurance, as dear children ask
>their dear father.

1. This assumes that most people have this kind of role model as to
how children interact with fathers. Unfortunately, in modern American
society, fathers are often not there for their children (and quite
often it is by their own choice).  Other times the fathers and the
kids do not relate on the level presumed by the catechism.

2. Most kids indeed start their questions by making sure that they
have the parent's attention, so this disproves your claim below that
the prayer doesn't start with getting His attention.

>How dare you preserve to have the GALL to presume that invoking the Our
>Father is merely a means of grabbing God's attention.

What does the word "invoke" mean?  Why do you think that the process
of a wizard casting a spell is called "invocation"?

  God is NOT a man, and
>being the CREATOR of the universe, He is omniscient, omnipotent, and
>omnipresent.  He knows every hair on your head and every breath you take.
>He knows your DNA, for He made it (Psalm 139).

Of course by this reasoning we don't need to bother to explicitly pray
to him, because he knows what our prayer is before we say it.

>Concerning my being a deity, I don't want the job.  I don't want to be
>worshipped by any followers, only to be begged to heal their lives, souls,
>or bodies, and then when I do so, to be spurned for someone else.  Why
>bother with that?

This presumes that the nature of a deity is to do those things for
others.

>There also is no focusing of power in the prayer, for ALL power rests in
>Jesus Christ, as He said in Matthew 28.

Then why bother?

>You either worship HIM, as there is only ONE GOD (Deuteronomy 6), or you
>reject HIM.

Some choose to not choose.

>WORSHIP GOD OR REJECT GOD, Joseph.  Accept God and live in
>Heaven when you pass, or reject God and die in Hell in your sins.

If he doesn't believe in heaven or hell, this means nothing to him.

>To believe any doctrine contrary to the Holy
>Scriptures is to accept Hell as your unfortunate fate,

He doesn't believe that.

>Real Christians are not called to bash or name-call others, but to cause
>others to come to the Truth in Christ in a spirit of love.

Tell that to the nincompoop, and meanwhile drop such slurs as
"feminazi" and "fembots" from your own vocabulary.  You have a lot to
work on in yourself before you can presume to have the gall to preach
to others.

lojbab