brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Richard C. August raugust at ptd.net
Sun Aug 11 20:48:25 EST 2002

Dear Opie Taylor,

Apparently you haven't read the Bible presented you in Sunday School.

Here are Scriptures detailing Heaven:

551 Scripture verses mention Heaven directly, from Genesis 1:8 to Revelation
21:10.

Here are some samples:

8  And God called the firmament  Heaven . And the evening and the morning
were the second day. Genesis 1:8.

17  And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to
destroy all flesh, wherein [is] the breath of life, from under  heaven ;
[and] every thing that [is] in the earth shall die. Gen 6:17

19  And he blessed him, and said, Blessed [be] Abram of the most high God,
possessor of  heaven  and earth:  20  And blessed be the most high God,
which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of
all.  21  And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and
take the goods to thyself.   22  And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have
lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of  heaven
and earth,  Gen. 14

24  Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire
from the LORD out of  heaven ;  Gen. 19

12  And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of
it reached to  heaven : and behold the angels of God ascending and
descending on it.  13  And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I
[am] the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land
whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;  14  And thy
seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the
west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and
in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.  15  And,
behold, I [am] with thee, and will keep thee in all [places] whither thou
goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee,
until I have done [that] which I have spoken to thee of.  16  And Jacob
awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and
I knew [it] not.  17  And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful [is] this
place! this [is] none other but the house of God, and this [is] the gate of
heaven .   Gen. 28.

11  For [in] six days the LORD made  heaven  and earth, the sea, and all
that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed
the sabbath day, and hallowed it.  Exodus 20.

17  It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in]
six days the LORD made  heaven  and earth, and on the seventh day he rested,
and was refreshed.  Exodus 31.

39  Know therefore this day, and consider [it] in thine heart, that the LORD
he [is] God in heaven  above, and upon the earth beneath: [there is] none
else.  40  Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments,
which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy
children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong [thy] days upon the earth,
which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.   Deuteronomy 4.

11  And thus they returned us answer, saying, We are the servants of the God
of  heaven and earth, and build the house that was builded these many years
ago, which a great king of Israel builded and set up.  12  But after that
our fathers had provoked the God of  heaven  unto wrath, he gave them into
the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, the Chaldean, who destroyed
this house, and carried the people away into Babylon.  Ezra 5.

16  The  heaven , [even] the heavens, [are] the LORD'S: but the earth hath
he given to the children of men.  17  The dead praise not the LORD, neither
any that go down into silence.  18  But we will bless the LORD from this
time forth and for evermore. Praise the LORD.   Psalm 115.

2  My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made  heaven  and earth.  Psalm
121.

24  Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith
the LORD. Do not I fill  heaven  and earth? saith the LORD.  Jeremiah 23.

12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in  heaven :
for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.  Matthew 5, the
words of Jesus Christ in the Beatitudes.

34  But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by  heaven ; for it is
God's throne.  Matthew 5 again.

23  And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto  heaven , shalt be brought
down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had
been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day  Matthew 11.

15  And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to  heaven , shalt be thrust down
to hell.  16  He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you
despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.  17  And
the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are
subject unto us through thy name.  18  And he said unto them, I beheld Satan
as lightning fall from  heaven .  19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread
on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing
shall by any means hurt you.  20  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that
the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are
written in  heaven .  21  In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I
thank thee, O Father, Lord of  heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these
things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even
so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.  22  All things are
delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the
Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and [he] to whom the Son will
reveal [him].   Luke 10.

And finally,

These have power to shut  heaven , that it rain not in the days of their
prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the
earth with all plagues, as often as they will.  7  And when they shall have
finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit
shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.  8  And
their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which
spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.  9
And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their
dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies
to be put in graves. 10  And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice
over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because
these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.  11  And after
three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and
they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12  And they heard a great voice from  heaven  saying unto them, Come up
hither. And they ascended up to  heaven  in a cloud; and their enemies
beheld them.  13  And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the
tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven
thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of
heaven . ..19  And the temple of God was opened in  heaven , and there was
seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and
voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.  Revelation 11
and

21:1  And I saw a new  heaven  and a new earth: for the first  heaven  and
the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  2  And I John
saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of  heaven ,
prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  3  And I heard a great voice
out of  heaven  saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he
will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be
with them, [and be] their God.  4  And God shall wipe away all tears from
their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And
he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.  6  And he
said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I
will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life
freely.  7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his
God, and he shall be my son.  8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the
abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters,
and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and
brimstone: which is the second death.  Revelation 21.

Concerning hell, which is known by many Scriptural names,

54 verses exist naming hell directly.

22  For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest
hell , and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the
foundations of the mountains.  Deut. 32:22.

6  The sorrows of  hell  compassed me about; the snares of death prevented
me;  2 Sam. 22

5  The sorrows of  hell  compassed me about: the snares of death prevented
me.  Ps. 18:5.

15  Let death seize upon them, [and] let them go down quick into  hell : for
wickedness [is] in their dwellings, [and] among them. Ps. 55.

9  Hell  from beneath is moved for thee to meet [thee] at thy coming: it
stirreth up the dead for thee, [even] all the chief ones of the earth; it
hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.  10  All
they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art
thou become like unto us?  11  Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, [and]
the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover
thee.  12  How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
[how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!  13
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt
my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the
congregation, in the sides of the north:  14  I will ascend above the
heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.  15  Yet thou shalt be
brought down to  hell , to the sides of the pit.  16  They that see thee
shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the
man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;  17  [That]
made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that]
opened not the house of his prisoners?  Isaiah 14.

22  But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a
cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his
brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say,
Thou fool, shall be in danger of  hell fire.  Matthew 5.

33  [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the
damnation of  hell ?  Matthew 23

43  And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter
into life maimed, than having two hands to go into  hell , into the fire
that never shall be quenched:  44  Where their worm dieth not, and the fire
is not quenched.  45  And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better
for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into  hell
, into the fire that never shall be quenched:  46  Where their worm dieth
not, and the fire is not quenched.  47  And if thine eye offend thee, pluck
it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye,
than having two eyes to be cast into  hell  fire:  48  Where their worm
dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.   Mark 9.

13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and  hell
delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man
according to their works.  14  And death and  hell  were cast into the lake
of fire. This is the second death.  15  And whosoever was not found written
in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.  Revelation 20.

I have enclosed here only a TINY sample of Scripture detailing Heaven and
hell.  Heaven is the Throne and Kingdom of God, God's abode, reserved for
Him, his Angels, and Saints when they pass from this earth.  Hell is a place
of eternal judgement, torment, and burning fiery damnation for all who are
unsaved in Christ.  Jesus Christ told us of the glory of Heaven and the
suffering of hell because He created BOTH - Heaven for the Saints and
Angels, hell for those to be damned.  Satan is the chief resident of the
abode of the damned.  Can we tolerate living with that?  Can we really
tolerate separation from God who lovingly created us?  Can we tolerate an
unending, burning, hot, fiery, smelly nightmare?  Or can we more readily
tolerate the loving presence of God, where no light or heat are needed
because His presence is with us, glowing and lovingly warm?

There is no day or night in Heaven, for God is present there eternally.  In
hell, there is eternal night, lit only by the burning fat and flesh of the
damned.

Concerning what we'll do in Heaven for eternity, the words of the great hymn
"Amazing Grace" by the Rev. John Newton will suffice - "When we've been
there 10,000 years/Bright shining as the sun/We've no less days to SING
GOD'S PRAISE/than when we first begun."

There is also no need for purgatory, for according to Romans 10:9-10, "If
thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine
heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with
the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is
made unto salvation."  For the man/woman who accepts Christ on his/her
deathbed and is baptised in Christ moments before death, the same salvation
in Christ applies as though s/he lived a hundred years as a Christian.  God
honors His Word, for His Word and He are holy.

Please, I pray you, accept Christ and be saved from hell whilst you still
can be saved, whilst it is still the daylight of your life.  Christ, who
created Heaven and hell, gives you the choice - accept God and live in
eternal peace, fail to accept God and accept eternal damnation.  I cannot
describe Heaven or hell from personal experience, but I can in my heart
accept the sworn, witnessed testimony of the God/Man who created both.  The
testimony of all 4 Gospels is admissible as court evidence because each
Gospel was written either by a man who saw it with his own eyes, or heard
eyewitness testimonies of many persons who saw Christ do this or heard Him
do that.  If it is admissible as court evidence, I can accept it as a
witness for my life.

Heaven is the source of pure good, hell is the source of pure evil.  There
are absolutes, and Heaven and hell are absolutely opposite each other in
purpose and meaning.  God bless you in your search for peace in Heaven and
Christ in your heart.

In Christ,

Richard C. August

"Opie Taylor" <OpieTaylor at MayberryRFD.com> wrote in message
news:osp8lu8ubpkiobbbt3cgh7e8hg9a4epsmp at 4ax.com...
> Dear Richard
>
> Perhaps you can explain exactly what heaven and hell are.  I've always
wanted to
> know.
>
> Are their days and night in heaven?  In hell?  Is heaven really up-there
and
> hell down-there?  Is heaven simply a place where people praise a supreme
being
> all day (like a star trek I remember)?  Are there birds in heaven?  In
hell?
> Are there schools in heaven for little ones who died at birth?  Is there
> anything more important in heaven than blissful surrender of one's being?
What
> would one be doing 100,000 years after entering heaven?  Of entering hell?
Is
> there a purgatory for mild sinners who said "I believe" at the last
minute?
> What about the guy in another thread in this new group who says he's cried
out
> to god and has received no answer -- where will he go and what will he do?
Can
> I fly my model airplanes in heaven or, is there no air to keep it in the
sky?
> Is there a sky?  Can you in all your wisdom describe any aspect of the
afterlife
> in detail?  Or, is heaven simply a better place than hell because somebody
said
> so.  And please, don't be trite.
>
> Come on -- be specific.  Exactly what is heaven and hell and why is one
better
> than the other or, for that matter, better than simple eternal sleep.
> ----------
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:28:21 GMT, "Richard C. August" <raugust at ptd.net>
wrote:

> |Dear Joseph,
> |
> |You either believe in Heaven or Hell NOW, or you will believe in it when
you
> |pass from this earth.
> |
> |And, you prove how two-faced you are, when you say there is no "pure"
good
> |or "pure" evil when you state that the blessing of the altar was a means
of
> |chasing away evil.  You either have pure good, in Christ as God, or you
have
> |pure evil, in everything else.
> |
> |Concerning the Our Father, in the First Petition, Dr. Martin Luther, in
his
> |Small Catechism, interprets thus:
> |
> |"1] Our Father who art in heaven.
> |
> |2] What does this mean?-Answer.
> |
> |God would thereby [with this little introduction] tenderly urge us to
> |believe that He is our true Father, and that we are His true children, so
> |that we may ask Him confidently with all assurance, as dear children ask
> |their dear father.
> |
> |3] The First Petition.  Hallowed be Thy name.
> |
> |4] What does this mean?-Answer.
> |
> |God's name is indeed holy in itself; but we pray in this petition that it
> |may become holy among us also.
> |
> |5] How is this done?-Answer.
> |
> |When the Word of God is taught in its truth and purity, and we as the
> |children of God also lead holy lives in accordance with it. To this end
help
> |us, dear Father in heaven. But he that teaches and lives otherwise than
God'
> |s Word teaches profanes the name of God among us. From this preserve us,
> |Heavenly Father."
> |
> |How dare you preserve to have the GALL to presume that invoking the Our
> |Father is merely a means of grabbing God's attention.  God is NOT a man,
and
> |being the CREATOR of the universe, He is omniscient, omnipotent, and
> |omnipresent.  He knows every hair on your head and every breath you take.
> |He knows your DNA, for He made it (Psalm 139).
> |
> |Concerning my being a deity, I don't want the job.  I don't want to be
> |worshipped by any followers, only to be begged to heal their lives,
souls,
> |or bodies, and then when I do so, to be spurned for someone else.  Why
> |bother with that?  Only GOD ALMIGHTY has a RIGHT to that role.
> |
> |There also is no focusing of power in the prayer, for ALL power rests in
> |Jesus Christ, as He said in Matthew 28.
> |
> |You either worship HIM, as there is only ONE GOD (Deuteronomy 6), or you
> |reject HIM.  WORSHIP GOD OR REJECT GOD, Joseph.  Accept God and live in
> |Heaven when you pass, or reject God and die in Hell in your sins.
Hebrews
> |9:27 says, "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this, the
> |judgement."  God's elevator of judgement goes up to Heaven in Christ, or
> |down to Hell in your sins.  To believe any doctrine contrary to the Holy
> |Scriptures is to accept Hell as your unfortunate fate, for the Great
> |Archdeceiver Satan would have you believe that there is no Hell, or that
> |Hell is for Children, or that Hell is a place of numbed sensitivities, or
> |that Hell is eternal existence in self-indulgence.  Hell is a great
chasm, a
> |burning fire which doesn't go out and whose worms don't die.  Hell is
> |separation from the Almighty Creator God, who sent His son Jesus Christ
> |die for our redemption from sin and also His Holy Spirit to comfort and
> |guide us in Christ.
> |
> |What are you, other than one who has been mercilessly deceived?  I, for
one,
> |have had no mountains to move which God Almighty hasn't moved for me or
> |isn't moving already.  I don't need to move mountains, only to trust God
> |with my own feeble faith.  I find the reflection of my soul in the Law of
> |God, which acts as mirror, curb, and guide.  My soul is poor, for it is
> |stained in sin, yet washed with the crimson Blood of Christ!!!  I pray
God
> |would wash your soul free from sin as well, in the waters of Holy Baptism
> |and bury your dead old nature in Christ's grave.
> |
> |Real Christians are not called to bash or name-call others, but to cause
> |others to come to the Truth in Christ in a spirit of love.  Hell,
> |unfortunately, is very painfully real, and Heaven is as much a real
blessing
> |to those who believe and pass from this earth.  In witchcraft/wicca, as
in
> |Hinduism/Buddhism, you have endless regeneration in reincarnation to
Nirvana