brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

blujuju blujuju at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 11 21:10:35 EST 2002

"John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
news:InD59.16857$eb.1490517 at news2.west.cox.net...
:
: "blujuju" <blujuju at hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:aj65ot$19270b$1 at ID-152937.news.dfncis.de...
: >
: > "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
: > news:Qqw59.14153$eb.1377336 at news2.west.cox.net...
: > : "Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1Fg49.186
: > : > > The problem with the credibility of Gallup's polls isn't the
: > statistical
: > : > > error or the subject matter they poll people on--it's with their
OWN
: > : > > internal jewish bias.  And one of the WORST examples of their bias
: is
: > : > their
: > : > > abortion polls http://christianparty.net/gallupabortion.htm
: > : >
: > : > I wouldn't know about these things.  The majority of Canadians are
in
: > : favour
: > : > of equal rights for same sex marriages.  Actually, I believe more
: people
: > : are
: > : > in support of homosexuality than Atheism, which is truly disturbing.
: > : >
: > : >
: > :
: > : I suspect this is just another parsetree-ism, since you didn't even
: bother
: > : to try to cite your source.
: > :
: > : So let's break this down into understandable pieces.  There are 1.9
: > million
: > : atheists in North America, which means that atheists are less than
0.7%
: of
: > : the population http://christianparty.net/christianpopulation.htm
: >
: > Let's just check some different sources for kicks, 'k?
: > http://www.atheists.org/flash.line/atheist4.htm says nearly 30 million
: > Americans are atheist.
: > http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm says 77% claim Christian
: > status. 33% other.
: > http://www.brook.edu/dybdocroot/press/REVIEW/winter2002/easterbrook.htm
: says
: > 89% are religious, of various flavors. The above also says that Muslim
is
: > the fastest growing religion in America. Better watch out, eh?
: > http://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml8797.htm says 8% of Americans are
: > atheist.
: > http://www.positiveatheism.org/crt/cliffcuny.htm same site, different
: > article states 17%
: >
: > Getting the drift here, John?
: > I have more sites/sources if you care to see them.
: >
: > blu
: >
:
:
: So tell us, blu.  When an advocacy organization like American Atheists
: counts people who specify "no religion" as atheists and comes up with
: "nearly 30 million atheists"  or 10% of the population, do you believe
them,
: or do you believe the Encyclopedia Britannica's claim that less than 1%
are
: atheists may be more credible?
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001484.html
:
: YOU tell US what you "think" it is:  less than 1%, or 10%?
:
: I mean, by their definition of "atheist", Thomas Jefferson was an atheist,
: even though he wrote in his own hand "I am a real Christian".
: http://christianparty.net/tj.htm
:
: Which do you think it is, blu?  Are men like Thomas Jefferson who didn't
: blong to an organized church all "atheists", as American Atheist
claims--or
: do you believe the DIRECT word from a Christian like Mr. Jefferson
himself?

I think, John, that you've totally missed my point. Did you happen to notice
that /every/ page cited a different statistic? Every one of them, John. That
one site had two different ones, for Pete's sake. I thought that would be
the dead give-away at what I was trying to point out to you.

You give that christianparty.net site constant hommage for your source
material. Perhaps they're a little biased? As is the american atheist site?
As are /all/ of them? You betcha.

Here's where I'm going to pull out that ol' buggaboo, *thinking*, again,
John. You, in your religious fever, didn't pay attention to the data
supplied.. you just set out to debunk it. You didn't see the tree for the
forest. I'll bet you blindly accepted christianparty.net's statistic, and
probably didn't even read my comments on the links supplied. If so, that was
your mistake, John. I gave you the answer.. I just didn't lable it as such.

To spell it out plainly for you, John, *think* for yourself.

To answer your questions, I don't believe /any/ of them. They've all got an
agenda.
I think the actual percentage (of atheists in the US) is somewhere around
10%. Based on personal experience only.
I'm well aware that Thomas Jefferson wasn't an atheist. Why the red herring?

blu