brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

blujuju blujuju at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 12 09:52:17 EST 2002

"Shadow Dancer" <insomniac at winterslight.org> wrote in message
news:aj7mlq$18srf0$1 at ID-150265.news.dfncis.de...
: "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
: news:InD59.16857$eb.1490517 at news2.west.cox.net...
: >
: > "blujuju" <blujuju at hotmail.com> wrote in message
: > news:aj65ot$19270b$1 at ID-152937.news.dfncis.de...
: > >
: > > "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote in message
: > > news:Qqw59.14153$eb.1377336 at news2.west.cox.net...
: > > : "Parse Tree" <parsetree at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1Fg49.186
: > > : > > The problem with the credibility of Gallup's polls isn't the
: > > statistical
: > > : > > error or the subject matter they poll people on--it's with their
: OWN
: > > : > > internal jewish bias.  And one of the WORST examples of their
bias
: > is
: > > : > their
: > > : > > abortion polls http://christianparty.net/gallupabortion.htm
: > > : >
: > > : > I wouldn't know about these things.  The majority of Canadians are
: in
: > > : favour
: > > : > of equal rights for same sex marriages.  Actually, I believe more
: > people
: > > : are
: > > : > in support of homosexuality than Atheism, which is truly
disturbing.
: > > : >
: > > : >
: > > :
: > > : I suspect this is just another parsetree-ism, since you didn't even
: > bother
: > > : to try to cite your source.
: > > :
: > > : So let's break this down into understandable pieces.  There are 1.9
: > > million
: > > : atheists in North America, which means that atheists are less than
: 0.7%
: > of
: > > : the population http://christianparty.net/christianpopulation.htm
: > >
: > > Let's just check some different sources for kicks, 'k?
: > > http://www.atheists.org/flash.line/atheist4.htm says nearly 30 million
: > > Americans are atheist.
: > > http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm says 77% claim
Christian
: > > status. 33% other.
: > >
http://www.brook.edu/dybdocroot/press/REVIEW/winter2002/easterbrook.htm
: > says
: > > 89% are religious, of various flavors. The above also says that Muslim
: is
: > > the fastest growing religion in America. Better watch out, eh?
: > > http://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml8797.htm says 8% of Americans
are
: > > atheist.
: > > http://www.positiveatheism.org/crt/cliffcuny.htm same site, different
: > > article states 17%
: > >
: > > Getting the drift here, John?
: > > I have more sites/sources if you care to see them.
: > >
: > > blu
: > >
: >
: >
: > So tell us, blu.  When an advocacy organization like American Atheists
: > counts people who specify "no religion" as atheists and comes up with
: > "nearly 30 million atheists"  or 10% of the population, do you believe
: them,
: > or do you believe the Encyclopedia Britannica's claim that less than 1%
: are
: > atheists may be more credible?
: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001484.html
: >
: > YOU tell US what you "think" it is:  less than 1%, or 10%?
: >
: > I mean, by their definition of "atheist", Thomas Jefferson was an
atheist,
: > even though he wrote in his own hand "I am a real Christian".
: > http://christianparty.net/tj.htm
: >
: > Which do you think it is, blu?  Are men like Thomas Jefferson who didn't
: > blong to an organized church all "atheists", as American Atheist
: claims--or
: > do you believe the DIRECT word from a Christian like Mr. Jefferson
: himself?
: >
: > John Knight
: >
:
: If Mr. Jefferson was such a Christian, explain these three quotes:
:
: 1.  Thomas Jefferson to Jeremiah Moor, 1800:
:
: "The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and engrafted into
the
: machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the
civil
: and religious rights of man."
:
: 2.  Thomas Jefferson in Jefferson's Works, Vol. IV:
:
: "The hocus-pocus fantasy of a God, like another Cerberus, with one body
and
: three heads, had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands and
: thousands of martyrs."
:
: 3.  Thomas Jefferson wrote in a letter to William Short:
:
: "I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not
find
: in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They
: are all alike; founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men,
: women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been
burnt,
: tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this
coercion?
: To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support
: roguery and error all over the earth."
: ===
:
: Yet another one of your fantasies shot to shit, JK.

Mr Jefferson was a theist.
Our John apparently cannot discern between theist and christian.

blu

: The Shadow Dancer
:
: