In the News, with Analysis - Love

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 12 20:22:25 EST 2002

"Supporters of mosque thanked with neighborhood barbecue"

Monday, August 12, 2002

By MIKE BARBER, SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/82281_mosque12.shtml

"Some of those who responded last fall broke bread together at one table. They represented five different faiths -- Jewish, Catholic and several Protestant sects. Several said they acted because it was a time of potential divisiveness and to do so was to fight back against the seeds terrorists hope to sow."

"`If there was any light after Sept. 11, we are now making associations we didn't have before.' " ["Seattle police Chief Gil Kerlikowske"]

A seed of understanding, planted, is a seed from which the tender shoots of Hope sprout.

k. p. collins

[Quotes Copyright 2002, by the Seattle Post-Intelligancer.]