In the News, with Analysis - Love

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at
Mon Aug 12 20:22:25 EST 2002

"Supporters of mosque thanked with neighborhood barbecue"

Monday, August 12, 2002

"Some of those who responded last fall broke bread together at one table. They represented five different faiths -- Jewish, Catholic and several Protestant sects. Several said they acted because it was a time of potential divisiveness and to do so was to fight back against the seeds terrorists hope to sow."

"`If there was any light after Sept. 11, we are now making associations we didn't have before.' " ["Seattle police Chief Gil Kerlikowske"]

A seed of understanding, planted, is a seed from which the tender shoots of Hope sprout.

k. p. collins

[Quotes Copyright 2002, by the Seattle Post-Intelligancer.]