The Evolution of the Brain

Limerent Mollusk Zählt at Iangefrauen.de
Fri Aug 16 00:50:59 EST 2002

Some Body wrote:

> What follows are my notes and comments on a Scientific American series book on
> the evolution of the brain.  I would recommend reading them carefully and
> patiently, for I have tried to make some important points as simply as
> possible.  I have condensed more than 150 pages of material:
>
> At the ends of the billions of neurons in your brain are branches called
> dendrites that look like trees (dendron is Greek for tree).  At the ends of
> these dendrite branches are chemical receptors.  The gaps between the dendrites
> of different neurons are called synapses.  Neurons send chemical messages to
> each other across these gaps.
<<<--->>>
> The neocortex is just as much a unique defining feature of mammals as the
> mammary glands.  Since early mammals were warm-blooded small predators with
> high metabolism, they required large amounts of food and were constantly under
> the threat of starvation.  The neocortex stores complex information about the
> environment so that the mammal can readily find the food and other resources
> needed for survival.

Jesus Christ, dude, not to burst your bubble or anything, but most of
us were absorbing the more interesting & pragmatic bits of this kind of
data way back when you were still infatuated with Castaneda's early works
of psuedo-fictional phenomenology.  Where you saw nothing but "tonal" &
"nagual" & "sorcery", we were measuring "men who mistook their wives for
their hats!" Sheesh! Then you saw the error of your ways, net-published
a big old whupp-ass on Cleargreen's mindfuck (to your everlasting credit),
<http://www.sustainedaction.org/Explorations/core_myths_are_intertwined.htm>
and like all true-believers-scorned who then establish a scorched-earth
policy toward their former infatuations, get it out of their system, and
move on the wiser for it, you, instead, maintained your same old holier-
than-thou punk-ass-bitch attitude as if you were light years beyond all
mere mortals. You'll never change (get it) until the known, unknown &
unknowable righteously and unmistakenly tweaks your bulbous clown nose:
"HONK!" [Re-invent & recapitulate the wheel all you like, please, it's fun,
just do it with the realization that thou ain't the first upon these vigin
shores...] Later -- Limerent Mollusk
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

...And what do the humans "do" with their fabulous neurons?

Depends on their early toilet training, of course, to wit:

"... The Islamic groups that are committed to violence have
 stripped into tiny little groups of about 30 people each.
  They don't know a great deal about each other. So if you
   eliminated one, another one would operate somewhere else.
    They are spread throughout the Middle East in the Islamic
     world. They are unafraid. I remember a former Jordanian
      prime minister saying, 'How do you frighten someone who
       thinks he's going to heaven if you chop his head off?'
        It's a good question. If they are willing to sacrifice
         themselves, then they will be able to carry out
          operations..."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/interviews/aburish.html

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Federation of American Scientists:
"Bush Administration Documents on Secrecy Policy"
http://www.fas.org/sgp/bush/index.html

  http://www.fas.org/sgp/index.html

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pentagon Metro Entrance Facility Project
 http://metro.pentagon.mil/contacts.htm
Links: http://renovation.pentagon.mil/links.htm

The Whitehouse
http://www.whitehouse.gov/
president at whitehouse.gov
vice.president at whitehouse.gov
first.lady at whitehouse.gov
mrs.cheney at whitehouse.gov

National Nuclear Security Administration
Field Offices & facilities:
http://www.nnsa.doe.gov/map.htm
National Security Agency
Attn: IAD Business Affairs Office, V14
9800 Savage Road, Suite 6740
Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755-6740
301-688-0606

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Contacts:
http://www.fbi.gov/contactus.htm

The C.I.A. Factbook on Intelligence
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/facttell/index.html

Vatican Information Services
http://www.vatican.va/news_services/press/vis/vis_en.html
http://www.vatican.va/jubilee_2000/magazine/documents/ju_mag_01111997_p-42a_en.html

The Kremlin
http://www.kremlin.ru/noflash/mainpage.shtml
president at kremlin.ru

Sandia National Laboratories
http://www.sandia.gov/contact-us/index.html

Contact Interpol
http://www.interpol.int/Public/contact.asp

The House of Saud, or the:
Saudi Arabian Information Resource
http://www.saudinf.com/main/w.htm
sair at saudinf.com

Shi'a Network International
P.O. Box 15893
Cincinnati, OH 45215
http://www.shia-network.com
Info at shia-network.com

Frontline, a Public Broadcasting Station investigative program.
See the interview with: Said K. Aburish
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/interviews/aburish.html
frontline at pbs.org

Department of Defense
http://www.dod.gov/sites/

Homeland Security
(State International Information Programs)
http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/homeland.htm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Some Additional Notes:

Imam Al-Mahdi (atfs)
http://www.jafariyanews.com/may2k2/15imammahdi.htm
Compare, Frank Herbert's "Dune"
http://www.dreamersofdune.com/images/fightertil.gif

Abu Hamza al-Masri & Supporters of Shariah
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Abu+Hamza+al-Masri%2C+Supporters+of+Shariah

al-bab.com
ARAB GATEWAY
http://www.al-bab.com/
arabgateway at hotmail.com

The Muslim Directory online
http://www.ummah.net/
info at ummah.com

Sexual Encounters in the Middle East:
 The British, the French & the Arabs
http://www.ahram.org.eg/weekly/2000/494/books5.htm

British-Yemeni Society
http://www.al-bab.com/bys/
julian at paxton23.freeserve.co.uk

CAABU: Council for the Advancement of
Arab-British Understanding
http://www.caabu.org/
caabu at caabu.org

Leigh Douglas Memorial Fund
Grants for Yemeni Studies
http://www.al-bab.com/yemen/douglas.htm
venetia at trippsiyasa.demon.co.uk

MiddleEastUK.com
http://www.middleeastuk.com/com/
info at middleeastuk.com

Yemeni Development Foundation
http://www.ydf.org.uk/index.html
admin at ydf.org.uk

Timeline to Global Governance
http://www.sovereignty.net/timeline.html

BUSH Erodes Individual Sovereignty
Planned Volunteer-Informant
Corps Elicits '1984' Fears

By Ellen Sorokin
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

     "As part of the country's war against terrorism, the Bush
administration by next month wants to recruit a million letter
carriers, utility workers and others whose jobs allow them
access to private homes into a contingent of organized
government informants." [Cont...]
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20020716-75882632.htm

United States Department of Justice
Al Qaeda Training Manual
http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/trainingmanual.htm

 Office of the
Attorney General
 John Ashcroft
http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/

IRAQnaphobia
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/iz.html

Schedule of Upcoming Extremist Events for 2002
http://www.adl.org/Learn/Events_2001/events_2002_flashmap.asp

MEANWHILE ...
http://www.think-aboutit.com/ufo/albert_bender_and_the_three_men_.htm
 "Among the projects worked on during this
  time were joint projects with WACKENHUT,
   http://www.wackenhut.com/
    a company loaded with former CIA and NSA
    personnel and business ventures with the
   Saudi Arabian royal family and other unusual
  projects. A joint venture with Southern
 California Edison will soon be generating
power for bio-mass drawn from local waste
 outlets. Biological warfare projects were
 investigated with Stormont laboratories
  http://www.stormont-labs.com/dna.html
   looking into the creation of pathogenic
  viruses' and enhanced fuel-air explosive
 http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/fae.htm
weapons were created and tested in
league with Meridian Arms at the NEVADA
 http://www.marinemail.com/military_bases.htm
  TESTING RANGE which matched the explosive
   power of nuclear devices. These enhanced
    weapons gained their power from polarizing the
     molecules in the gas cloud by modification of
     the electric field, a technology developed from
     exploring Thomas Townsend Brown's
     http://www.soteria.com/brown/info/patents.htm
    suppressed work, a knowledge which
   Riconosciuto claims he gained from working at
  http://www.lear.com/net/index.htm
LEAR in Reno, Nevada. Riconosciuto is said to
 http://www.orlingrabbe.com/ricono.htm
 have worked on the enhanced fuel-air explosive
  weapons with Gerald Bull of Space Research
  http://world.std.com/~jlr/doom/bull.htm
   Corporation. Bull, now deceased, later became
   an arms advisor to Saddam Hussein. It is said
  that Hussein possesses the FAE technology."
http://www.think-aboutit.com/branton/secrets_of_the_mojave1.htm

  **********************
"... "In pre-Islamic days, called the Days of Ignorance,
 the religious background of the Arabs was pagan, and
 basically animistic. ..."
  http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Islam.html

 "According to some (apparently different) sources such as

http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/archives/byauthor/aditichaturvedi/vpopia2.html

"... Muhammad's uncle was one of the resident priests of the
Shiv temple known as 'Kaaba'. ... this glorious Hindu temple
was made to symbolically represent a microcosm of the
universe. ... Right at the centre of the Kaaba
was the octogonal pedestal of Bramha the creator. ...
Muhammad destroyed all 360 idols,
but even he could not summon the courage to
completely obliterate the Shivling in the Kaaba. ...

"... Today it [the Shivling] lies broken at seven places
and held together by a silver band studded with silver
nails, bearing the name 'Sangey Aswad' which came from
the Sanskrit Ashwet meaning non-white or black stone.
[...]  From the Hindu point of view, it is Shiva's lingham,
 or phallic symbol. [...]
http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Islam.html#earlyarabia
***********************
"The status of women was that of pride and equal respect.
http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/archives/byauthor/aditichaturvedi/vpopia2.html
***********************
"Kali: the bloodthirsty wife of Shiva, with
blue-black body, four arms, using a human skull
as a cup.  Her color symbolizes eternal night of
non-existence, free of illusion and distinction.
She wears a garland of the heads of impure
thoughts, which She has severed from the
personalities of Her devotees."
  **********************
 "The Shivling is the sacred meteorite. [...]
 From the Hindu point of view, it is Shiva's lingham,
 or phallic symbol. [...]

 "More material and pictures about such things on webpage:
 http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Islam.html#earlyarabia

 "Although the above is not widely known in Eurocentric societies,
 it is common knowledge in India, and indicates some of the history
 and depth of feeling that is involved in the Muslim-Hindu conflicts
 between Pakistan and India."
  **********************
 "... Muhammad received his first revelation in
 610, on the mountain of Hira outside Mecca. The
 revelation came in a time when Muhammad searched
 for solitude. ..."
 http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Islam.html
[...]
"According to a xenohistorian.faithweb web page:
http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/neareast/ne09a.html

"... Mohammed stayed [in Mecca in 615] because
his family connections protected him ... He came
into the courtyard of the Kaaba and suggested
that the gods and goddesses of Mecca might be
real after all, serving as saints or angels to
mediate between God and man. ... These are the
so-called "Satanic verses" that have caused much
controversy among scholars of Islam. ... They
[the Meccan establishment] enthusiastically
received his [Mohammed's] recantation, but when
he [Mohammed] saw the reaction he repented ...
He [Mohammed] said that the devil had momentarily
possessed his tongue, and denounced idolatry more
vigorously than before. ...".
  **********************
http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Islam.html
  **********************
 THE YEZIDIS OF KURDISTAN -
   ARE THEY REALLY ZOROASTRIANS ???
  by Noshir H. Dadrawala
[...] "The chief divine figure of the Yazidi is
Malak Taus ('Peacock Angel'), worshipped in the form
of a peacock. He rules the universe with six other
angels, but all seven are subordinate to the supreme
God, who has had no direct interest in the universe
since he created it. The seven angels are worshipped
by the Yazidi in the form of seven bronze or iron
peacock figures called sanjaq, the largest of which
weighs nearly 700 pounds." [...]
   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~zarathus/deen33f.html
  **********************
Paranoia magazine's Fall 2002 issue (#30), available
now, contains an excerpt from "The Mysterious Brotherhood"
chapter of Acharya S' book "Suns of God:  Krishna, Buddha
and Christ Unveiled."  http://www.truthbeknown.com
The excerpt/article is scholarly yet accessible; those
with an interest in Christian origins will not be
disappointed.  The article in Paranoia, which can be
obtained at http://www.paranoiamagazine.com , is
entitled, "The Pagan Origins of the Christian Mysteries."
  **********************
Mid East Realities TV:
http://www.mertv.org/
  **********************
Schrödinger's Cat Trilogy
by Robert Anton Wilson
© 1979, available from Dell Paperbacks
http://www.rawilson.com/schrocat.html
***********************
US DoD push for laser, microwave weapons

In its FY 2004 Defence Planning Guidance, the
US Department of Defense calls on the US Air
Force (USAF) to plan for directed-energy (DE)
weapons within a decade. Industry officials
say the technology exists to support those
plans."  http://www.janes.com/

RELATED ARTICLES:
USAF eyes relay mirrors to extend range of lasers
http://www.janes.com/regional_news/americas/news_briefs/jdw020620_01.shtml
DoD plan seeks more investment in laser weapons
http://www.janes.com/defence/news_briefs/jdw000419_02.shtml

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Did You Know...?
http://www.deps.org/

That according to the Army FM 42-414;
TACTICS TECHNIQUES AND
PROCEDURES FOR QUARTERMASTER
FIELD SERVICE COMPANY DIRECT
SUPPORT defines

Directed energy mission-kill is the use of electromagnetic energy,
such as visible light, infrared, millimeter waves, microwaves,
or x-rays, to disable susceptible military targets by damaging or
destroying a critical component of the military target.

Antimateriel Effects
Mission-kill effects to materiel include inducement of mechanical
damage, overheating of components, inducement of electrical
currents, or inducement of other effects to cause a variety of
types of damage or system malfunction.

Antipersonnel Effects

Directed energy mission-kill antipersonnel effects cover
a very wide range.

Sources of Directed Energy Mission-Kill Effects

Directed energy mission-kill effects can occur in training or
combat. Effects in training or combat can occur when susceptible
personnel or equipment are accidentally exposed by getting too
close to nonweapons-directed energy sources such as radio
transmitters, radars, electronic warfare jamming devices,
television transmitters, television or communications microwave
relays, laser range finders, laser designators, laser jammers,
and similar devices. Some of these mission-kill effects are also
sometimes technically categorized as electromagnetic interference
or electromagnetic effects. Directed energy warfare is the use of
and defense against directed energy weapons and devices in combat.
Mission kill is one of a very large continuum of DEW effects on
targets. The large variety of DEW target effects are used to
provide a very wide range of combat functions including the
following: detection of targets, illumination of targets to
supplement night-viewing systems, identification and
classification of targets, disruption of target function or
mission, damage of targets, and destruction of targets.
Examples of directed energy mission-kill devices include
hand-held, crew-served, or vehicular-mounted laser devices
and vehicular-mounted or artillery-delivered radio frequency
devices.  http://www.deps.org/
http://www.deps.org/DEPSpages/graphics/wavefront2.pdf
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The 10-Mile Laser

by Don Slater
"... Lasers & Electro
Optical Systems of The Boeing
Company is playing a leading role in the development of systems
that will perform these missions.

"One of the newest concepts is the Airborne Tactical Laser (ATL),
which is seeking to join the Space Based Laser (SBL) and the high
altitude Airborne Laser (ABL) in moving from laboratory
technology validation to government-sponsored concept
demonstration and ultimately to operational capability." [...]
http://www.engineeringatboeing.com/articles/10MileLaser.jsp
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
RADIO FREQUENCY WEAPONS TECHNOLOGY

          by Manuel Cereijo

"It is a concern in the scientific community the proliferation
of RF weapon technologies. Compact explosive driven RF munitions
can be used against a variety of targets including land mines,
sea skimming missiles, and Telecommunications Systems.
The Soviet Union had a large diverse RF weapons program and
remnants of this work continue today within FSU countries
and Cuba." [...]
http://www.amigospais-guaracabuya.org/oagmc063.html
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Kenneth Y. Tomlinson, former VOA director, confirmed as new
<http://www.cpb.org/images/about/corp/bios/board/ktomlinson.jpg>
chairman of Broadcating Board of Governors, overseeing all
USG-supported,  non-military, international broadcasting.
http://www.worldofradio.com/wor1143.html
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
AFGHANISTAN/GERMANY. DETAILS OF
NEW GERMAN-RUN VOICE OF FREEDOM
RADIO IN KABUL | Text of report in English
by Radio Netherlands "Media Network" web
site on 6 August

A Germany-funded radio station, Voice of Freedom, started broadcasts
to Kabul in Dari and Pashto on 4 August 2002. Programming on the FM
station includes news, music, features and language courses. The
station is based in the German military camp to the east of Kabul.
German experts have trained two Afghan newsreaders and several
technicians to work for the station.

Richard Hunsicker, spokesman for the German forces, says that the
running costs of 2,000 US dollars a month come from the German
military budget. The station was officially opened by Afghan Minister
of Information and Culture, Sayed M. Rahin. Source: Radio Netherlands
"Media Network" web site, Hilversum, in English 6 Aug 02
http://www.worldofradio.com/
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Defense Space Doctrine
http://www.fas.org/spp/military/docops/defense/index.html
DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY AREA PLAN
http://www.fas.org/spp/military/docops/defense/97_dtap/
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Unocal & Afghanistan
Editor:  www.oilandgasinternational.com
http://www.oilandgasinternational.com/departments/from_editor/10_29_01.html
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"This campaign is not about the United States,
it is not even about 7,000 dead at the World
Trade Center, it is really about the future of
Islam, about 1.3 billion people ..."
  --General Wesley Clark
(Former Supreme Allied Commander Europe)
http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Islam.html

> Stopping here due to length.  To be continued...
> -Jeremy

Oh Goodie!