Depth Perception Analysis Opportunity

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 17 11:45:12 EST 2002

[ADMONITION: READ THIS ADDENDUM IN ITS ENTIRITY!]

Caveat: I use a magnifying glass to view maps [haven't been able to afford a trip to the Opthamologist to get new glasses :-] This might be a 'confounding' thing because of the possibility of a lens's differential refraction of Visual-spectrum EM having different frequency, which'd constitute a form of presenting artificially-spatially-differentiated images to either eye, which wouldn't be as interesting as what I proposed below, but, surely(?), there's stuff like 3-D TV in-there.

YIKES! I just viewed a JPEG image of Jupitor's 'red-spot', on my CRT, through my magnifying glass, and it's spectacularly-'pseudo-3-D'!

Caveat: There seems to be an 'after-effect' - like viewing the JPEG image through my magnifying glass imposed an artificial 'strain' within my visual apparatus.

So maybe it's a 'dangerous' idea, rather than a useful one. ['pseudo-3-D imposes pseudo-stuff upon the visual 'system'(?) To the degree that it's artificial, it's just no-good.]

Don't 'sprain'-your-brain, for the sake of this stuff.

k. p. collins