brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Tom Breton tehom at REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com
Sat Aug 17 20:19:10 EST 2002

Joseph A Nagy Jr <pagan_prince at charter.net> writes:

> Tom Breton wrote:
>
> > "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> writes:
> >

> >>The only thing Marie Sklodowska discovered was how to convince a gentile
> >>scientist with radiation poisoning to marry her so she could take advantage
> >>of his weakened mental condition and convince him to give away half of his
> >>half of a Nobel Prize to her.
> >

> > I understood they were married long before he got radiation poisoning.
> > ISTM she got half of that Nobel because of old male chivalry.  Nothing
> > to do with radiation poisoning or Jews/Gentiles.
>
> And nothing to do with male chivalry. As I qouted before, she got
> the prize because she EARNED it.

I'm sorry, but that's just silly.  No man would have been given a
Nobel prize for being Pierre's assistant.  You don't like hearing
that, well, sorry.

>  >
>  >
>  >>Marie and her daughter set the French so far behind in nuclear research that
>  >>it's most likely she was part of a zionist plot to sabotage France
>  >>http://christianparty.net/curie.htm
>  >
>  >
>  > You know, I agree her accomplishments have been Feministly exaggerated
>  > out of all proportion, but I certainly don't agree she set back France
>  > or nuclear research.  AFAICT, she was a very capable assistant to
>  > Pierre.  It's not a negative thing.

>  Assistant my ass. You obviously didn't read the site, either.

Yes, assistant, your ass.  Quoting some spin-doctor talking about
"Marie's pivotal role" doesn't change the fact.  You've obviously put
too much stock in what Feminists and chivalrists tell you.

>  She wasn't, just a smart woman, which makes her Jewish in Mr. Knight's eyes.

>  Chauvenist pigs like Mr. Knight and yourself are a discredit to the male of ANY species.

I *knew* it!  The least bit of opposition, and the rabid name-calling
starts already.

That's the sort of emotional chivalry that keeps these notions going.
Anyone can see that Marie Curie's is celebrated largely for her
husband's work.  You don't like that, so you call me names, but that
doesn't change the facts.

And take a moment to consider: In light of what you just called me for
nothing more than what I said, it's very clear that the whole issue is
colored by chivalry and a misguided notion that you are somehow
"defending" women by believing this.

--
Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom.  http://www.panix.com/~tehom