brain sizes: Einstein's and women's: pop quiz

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Tue Aug 20 14:50:00 EST 2002


"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
news:5j94muc6r1gn9pilpmnj2914vs9uuum52u at 4ax.com...
> "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> wrote:
> >"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
> >news:jc23muc3lqo2blv21rllori4svot0fvin7 at 4ax.com...
> >> Furthermore, the 2001 version of the same Gallup poll questioning,
> >> reported at http://www.asa3.org/archive/ASA/200103/0031.html
> >> which has slightly different results numbers, went into the question
> >> of wording more carefully.  Putting the question into simply
> >> "evolution" vs. "creation", it was 33% who chose "evolution" and 57%
> >> that chose "creation".
> >
> >Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.  The lengths you jews, "liberals",
feminazis,
> >niggers, and other muds will go to to avoid the TRUTH never ceases to
amaze!
> >
> >Here's an excerpt from that 2001 Feb 19-21 poll:
> >
> >37%  Humans developed, with God guiding
> >12%  Humans developed, but God had no part in process
> >45%  God created humans in present form
> >6%    OTHER (vol.)/No opinion
> >
> >The term "evolution" REQUIRES that speciation occurred, which means that
it
> >cannot include "God guiding" that process.
>
> FALSE.  Evolution (and speciation) say NOTHING about a role for God.
> He might have guided it, or He might not have guided it, and
> evolutionary theory is not affected either way.
>
> >The only "evolutionists" on this
> >poll are the 12% who are stupid enough to think: " God had no part in
> >process".
>
> According the Gallup source I cited, 33% said that they favored
> evolution over creationist theory, and this was in the exact same poll
> that you cited above.  Therefore 21% of the people apparently consider
> that evolution guided by God is still evolution AND they use
> "evolution" as a label for what they accept.
>
> >You cannot have it both ways.  Either God created life, ALL life,
including
> >HUMAN life, or He didn't.
>
> False.  One can have it any number of ways.  Don't tell us what we can
> and cannot believe, and above all don't presume to tell the
> all-powerful God what He can and cannot do.
>
> >The instant someone says "with God guiding" is the instant they abandon
all
> >"faith" in speciation, which completely and totally rules out
"evolution".
>
> False.  You clearly don't know what "speciation" means.
>
> >It's disingenuous (no, it is a LIE) to conduct a poll of people who've
been
> >brainwashed by their public "education" system into "thinking" that
> >"evolution" is a "theory", that "evolution" can occur without speciation,
or
> >that both God creating life and evolution creating life can occur
> >simultaneously.
>
> Evolution doesn't create life.  Evolution says NOTHING about how life
> was created.
>
> >What the poll does prove is just one thing:  that the public "school"
> >brainwashing has been effective.
>
> Whether it is "effective brainwashing" or nincompoop misunderstanding,
> the bottom line is that the Gallup poll says 33% accept evolution, not
> 9% or 12%.
>
> Which of course hardly matters, because natural processes are not
> subject to poll results.
>
> lojbab

We already know how intellectually impaired you "liberals" are, so why do
you keep on trying to prove the same thing over and over--we already know.

One last comment on this "poll" from Gallup (the completely and totally
discredited jew organization http://christianparty.net/gallup.htm ).

The majority of the 264 million Christians in this country really can't
answer this poll correctly if they really support the Holy Bible. Here are
the questions again http://christianparty.net/gallupcreation.htm

Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms
of life, but God guided this process.  40%
Human beings have developed over millions of years from lessadvanced forms
of life. God had no part in this process.  9
God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time
within the last 10,000 years or so.  47
No opinion  4

There's nothing in the Holy Bible that restricts the timeframe in which God
created life to 10,000 years.  This poll suggests ONLY that 47% of
Christians believe this timeframe to have been less than 10,000 years.  But
there's no question to which Christians who believe that God created human
beings more than 10,000 years ago can respond correctly.

This is a MAJOR flaw for what you claim to be an "objective" organization,
but which is obviously an advocacy organization.

Their objective is clear: they wanted to get people to respond to "Human
beings have developed over millions of years from lessadvanced forms of
life. God had no part in this process".  Yet only 9% responded to this
question, which is the only good thing about this "poll".

If you're a Christian who believes that "God created human beings pretty
much in their present form" *more* than 10,000 years ago, you can't honestly
select any of these responses, at all, BUT Gallup didn't ask them what they
believed.  Instead, they asked:  "Which of the following statements comes
closest to your views on the origin and development of human beings".

You DO NOT know how many Christians responded with "Human beings have
developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God
guided this process"  ONLY because it "comes closest to [their] views".

You CANNOT presume that 100% of those who selected that answer did so
because they "believe in evolution".  All you can do is claim that SOME of
them MUST have believed in "evolution", but that claim can be 100% countered
with the claim that ALL of them rejected "evolution" and selected that
answer ONLY because it "comes closest to [their] views".

John Knight







More information about the Neur-sci mailing list