brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Joseph A Nagy Jr pagan_prince at charter.net
Wed Aug 21 10:12:31 EST 2002

John Knight wrote:
<snip>
> No, they don't see the spin, Tom, because feminazi spin dominates the
> landscape and this just looks like part of that landscape to them.  The
> obvious spin they're missing is:
>
> 1)  Pierre Curie's answer, dated 6 August 1903, has been preserved. He
> wrote, 'If it is true that one is seriously thinking about me (for the
> Prize), I very much wish to be considered together with Madame Curie with
> respect to our research on radioactive bodies'.  'Do you not think that it
> would be more satisfying from the artistic point of view, if we were to be
> associated in this manner?' (plus joli d'un point de vue artistique)."
>
>      a)  Does his letter say anything about "Marie's pivotal role"?  No.
>      b)  Does it claim that failing "to acknowledge [it] would be a
> travesty"?  No.
>
> 2)  If Pierre really agreed with Mittag-Leffler that Marie should be
> included in the prize, then wouldn't he write: "it would be important to
> recognize Marie's contribution to my research" rather than "it would be more
> satisfying from the artistic point of view"?  Yes.
>
> 3)  Professor Becquerel got in the best dig when he said in his Presentation
> Speech:  "This makes us look at God's word in an entirely new light: 'It is
> not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for
> him'"  [READ:  Listen up, King of Sweden, Marie got a Nobel Prize for being
> a lab flunky--and the wife of the lab manager--while I had to bust my butt
> to get your silly prize].
> http://www.nobel.se/physics/laureates/1903/press.html

You just can't get it right, can you. That speech was made by Dr. H.R. Törnebladh, President of the
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. It mentions Professor Becquerel, but it's not made by him.

I'm not really surprised. The first time he actually quotes a source outside his web site and gets
the person who made the speech wrong.

> Feminazis have taken this chivalrous gesture on the part of intelligent men
> to reward their "help meet", and turned it into an excuse for women to
> divorce their husbands, abandon their children, and pursue independent
> "careers" which women couldn't be successful or happy in for millions of
> years to come.

Of course you continue to ignore the fact that Pierre left his work in crystals and symmetry in
nature to assist Marie.