The Evolution of the Brain

R. E. Hicks livingin at lantageorgia.com
Wed Aug 21 13:10:14 EST 2002

"Kevin S. Wilson" <rescyou at spro.net> wrote in message
news:r0b7muo2k4ssb0mlseei6ccab7t4f41k3t at 4ax.com...
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:18:17 +0000 (UTC), "Matt F"
> <thefabulousmrf at hotmail.com>, wrote:
>
> <something I've moved to the bottom where it belongs because I don't
> want Matt to get in trouble with his ISP for top-posting in
> contravention of UN regulations>
> >
> >"Kevin S. Wilson" <rescyou at spro.net> wrote in message
> >news:4585mu881859dnnl753mj4p6jimge7peir at 4ax.com...

> >> My guess is that the original poster is a supporter of the U.S.
> >> politician Lyndon LaRouche and is attempting to further LaRouche's
> >> efforts to bring to light Queen Elizabeth's links to international
> >> drug dealing. Specifically, it appears to be an attempt to educate
> >> Stone Rose's fans about the rather sordid dealings the Queen is
> >> alleged to have been engaged in. After all, the Stone Roses' dislike
> >> for the Queen isn't exactly a secret, what with John Squire singing
> >> about putting "a blanket over the Queen Mother's head" ("Elizabeth My
> >> Dear" Second Coming, 1994).
> >>
> >> That's my theory. What do you think?
>
> >I think your theory is the cats arse....
>
> Well, there's an idiomatic expression that didn't travel well across
> the Pacific! :) From your misspelling of "ass," I'm assuming that
> you're Austrian, so I guess I'll have to cut you some slack.
> Nonetheless, the expression you're thinking of is "cat's pyjamas," as
> in "I think your theory is the cat's pyjamas."

Austrian?! Are you saying that his alleged misspelling is to do with being a
native speaker of German, and also because of some subtle difference between
the Germans and the Austrians? Or did you mean Australian? Since you
mentioned the Pacific in your criticism, I conclude that you did mean
"Australian". I think you need a map. Or to go back and study your Latin.

In either case, you're wrong. Not only did he mean "arse", but he spelled it
correctly.

> To which I can only reply, "Thank you." I think there's something to
> the theory, but maybe other true Stone Rose's fans can help fill in
> the blanks. I've only been listening to them for a few years now.

Which you demonstrate admirably by

a) failing to pluralise correctly

b) misplacing the apostrophe

Either you can't write, or, more likely, having made the same mistake twice
now, you just don't know what you're talking about.

I grant you that listening doesn't teach you as well as reading, but
still....

Ed