The Evolution of the Brain

R. E. Hicks livingin at lantageorgia.com
Wed Aug 21 13:17:10 EST 2002

"Otto Bahn" <JGAULT at CCIS1025.LunchTimeInBosnia.mc.duke.edu> wrote in message
news:3D63D829.1B69 at CCIS1025.LunchTimeInBosnia.mc.duke.edu...
> R. E. Hicks wrote:
> >
> > "Kevin S. Wilson" <rescyou at spro.net> wrote in message
> > news:rsf7muoaa8f3ovan6ourhtupih1bke3qet at 4ax.com...
> > > On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 21:56:39 +0100, "R. E. Hicks"
> > > <livingin at lantageorgia.com>, wrote:
>
> [Snippity doo-da]
>
> > > Like what? Are you saying I've been misinformed?

> > > How about you? Or are you saying that you don't know the basic facts,
> > > either?
> >
> > Well, I don't know anything about Lyndon LaRouche (nor do I feel the
need
> > to), but as a Stone Roses fan I do know that:
> >
> > 1) John Squire wasn't the singer in the Roses (although recent news
> > establishes that he contributed backing vocals to at least one Second
Coming
> > song.)
>
> Duh.  Try the lead guitarist for Yes.

Do you mean Chris Squire, bass guitarist in Yes?

In any case, we've established it's John Squire we're talking about.

> > 2) Elizabeth My Dear wasn't about putting a blanket over the Queen
Mother's
> > head - in fact I fail to see how you could have got that meaning from
the
> > lyrics:
> >
> > "Tear me apart and boil my bones
> > I'll not rest till she's lost her throne
> > My aim is true
> > My message is clear
> > It's curtains for you, Elizabeth my dear"
>
> It seems pretty clear to me, though he did confuse
> the curtains with a blanket.

Well the Queen Mother's name was Elizabeth, but the song is referring to her
daughter, the Queen of the UK. So not so clear.

Ed