brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Wed Aug 21 17:49:12 EST 2002

"RLW" <rowena at uqconnect.net> wrote in message
news:ajvd4m$5a2$1 at bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au...

> How do you explain the fact that, according to your own sources and your
own
> opinion, fewer men than women and whites than blacks 'have brains'?
> Affirmative action?

Affirmative action has had its deleterious effect on society, so the picture
may be a bit distorted right now.  After all, even though two thirds of
those who score over 550 on SAT Math are boys, girls are almost two thirds
of college admissions.  This is one of the lingering effects of aa.

> You've also argued that income level is directly proportional to
> intelligence.  But what's this?
>
> Income above $50,000: 17%
> Income below $20,000: 6.5%
>

> John Knight, you are an idiot.  You are widely disrespected by
intelligent,
> thinking people.  You are a liar.  You distort and misrepresent statistics
> to support your position.  You use logical fallacies like they're going
out
> of fashion.  You are beyond hope.
>
> Rowena.

You didn't define the percentage column, but if we assume that this is the
percentage of those in each income category (which is about the only thing
we can assume), then you're a total dunce if you think this proves anything,
much less that it proves something about the correlation between income
level and intelligence.

A more accurate representation would be to take standardized test scores and
compare them to incomes for various groups, like different college majors
broken down by race and sex.  What you would find is the following:

Incomes increase $146 per year for each 1 point increase in GRE Quantitative
scores.
Incomes increase $187 per year for each 1 point increase in SAT Math Scores.
Incomes increase $600 per year for each 1 point increase in NAEP Math
Scores.
Incomes increase $6,667 per year for each 1 point increase in ACT Composite
Scores.

This is the average http://christianparty.net/satincome.htm

There are some notable exceptions to the rule.  For example, nigger men earn
much more than the scores that nigger boys get suggest that they should
earn, on all the standardized tests.  No doubt this is because of
affirmative action.  Their GRE scores suggest their annual incomes should be
around $25k per year, but they earn an average of $30k per year.
Conversely, Hispanic boys' score on GRE suggests they should be earning $38k
per year, but they actually earn only $33.5k (suggesting they're getting the
short end of the stick on aa).

John Knight