brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at lojban.org
Sat Aug 24 01:35:31 EST 2002

"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:
>St. Paul wrote:  "And I became as a Jew to the Jews, that I might gain Jews;
>to those under Law as under Law, that I might gain those under Law; to those
>without Law as without Law (not being without Law of God, but under the law
>of Christ), that I might gain those without Law.I became to the weak as
>weak, that I might gain the weak. To all I have become all things, that in
>any and every way I might save some."
>
>How could he have become "AS a jew" if he was already a jew?  He wasn't born
>a jew.  He was born an Israelite:

Galatians 1:12-16
>12: For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by
> the revelation of Jesus Christ.
>13: For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews'
> religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and
> wasted it:
>14: And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my
  ^^^^^^^^^^                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> fathers.
  ^^^^^^^
>15: But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb,
> and called me by his grace,
>16: To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the
> heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

The Jews were his equals in his own nation and he was zealous in the
traditions of his fathers.

Thus his fathers were Jews, the other Jews were his equals.

Furthermore his mother was a Jew, and God in calling him separated him
from his mother's womb, and hence his heritage, so that he was no
longer a Jew.

But he was trained as a most zealous of Jews, and so was able to
preach to the Jews as a Jew, but when they saw that he was separated
from his heritage they became angry.

You lose again, nincompoop.

lojbab