brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at lojban.org
Sat Aug 24 02:38:15 EST 2002

"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:
>Christianity was never considered a "sect" of anything, least of all
>"Judaism".

The Romans considered the Christians to be a sect of the Jews.  When
they kicked the Jews out of Rome, that included the Christians.

>The term "Judaism" never even appears in the entire Holy Bible,

"Judaism" is the English name for the religious practices of the Jews.
You won't find the word "Christianity" in the entire Holy Bible
either.  There are other historical sources besides the Bible of
course, in this case Roman records.

>> >I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in
>> > Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and
>> > taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and
>> > was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.  (Acts 22:3)
>>
>> >  He was born an Israelite:
>> >
>> >"Are they Hebrews? I also. Are they Israelites? I also. Are they Abraham's
>> >seed? I also", 2 Corinthians 11:22
>>
>> Funny man.  Who are the "they" in that verse?  Guess what: the Jews.
>
>Oh, really?  If Paul was a jew, and "they" were the jews, then why did he
>say "they"?

Because, per Galatians 1, his being called to Christ separated him
from his mother's womb, and hence from his Jewish heritage.

>You're an absolute idiot for claiming that "Christianity at that point was a
>sect of Judaism"!

That is what the Romans believe, and indeed that is what several of
the apostles believed.

>How could they be two separate and distinct races today

They aren't and never were.

>Don't skip over this question.  If the jews and Israelites were two distinct
>races for thousands of years before Jesus Christ,

I reject this antecedent.  It is false.

>Do you know what the Talmud prescribes for a jew who is baptized, unless he
>does it to deceive Christians?
>
>The death penalty.

I know many Jews who have been baptized. None have gotten the death
penalty. No Jew has indicated a belief that the death penalty should
be inflicted on them.  Clearly the Jews do not believe that the Talmud
commands them as you say it does.

>G5443
>phule?
>foo-lay'

No clearly FOOL, as in nincompoop, as in YOU.

>> So the Pharisees and Sadducees who ruled Jerusalem, the masses of Jews
>> who called for Christ to be crucified, were not Jews?  The Romans who
>> cleaned out Jerusalem a few decades later were not attacking Jews?
>> Gawd, you need to really twist things to make your story work.
>>

>Many of the Romans were Israelites.  Paul was a Roman and an Israelite.  As
>you pointed out yourself, we know of only one jew who was ever given Roman
>citizenship.

I pointed out no such thing and indeed cited sources that said that
MANY Jews had Roman citizenship, and after around 200AD, ALL Jews had
Roman citizenship; one could get such citizenship in a variety of
ways.

>You have not a shred of evidence that jews were a higher percentage of the
>population then than they are today.

I gave you cites from Roman censuses.

>Just like they're 95% of the
>population but less than half a percent of the population now, they might
>have been an even bigger percentage of the problems then, and even less of
>the population.

You make no sense (as usual).

>The rest of the population of Jerusalem, a minimum of 90% and up to 99.5%,
>was made up mostly of Israelites and other Romans.

Baloney.

>> >Pretty strong languge, eh?  God "hated Esau".  What was there for God to
>> >"hate" about Esau, other than marrying Canaanite [read: jewish] women?
>>
>> Who are YOU to tell God the reasons he might hate Esau?
>
>This was a direct quote from the Holy Bible:  "As it is written: 'I loved
>Jacob but hated Esau'", Romans 9:13
>
>Who are you to dispute the Holy Bible?

I repeat with emphasis added: Who are YOU  to tell God WHY he might
hate Esau?

>There's no race-conscious White Christian Israelite who'd ever claim to be
>speaking for you,

That is because there is no such animal in existence.

lojbab