brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

4dtvman tmitchell-01 at att.net
Tue Aug 27 10:59:50 EST 2002

> [...]
> > malignity; whisperers,  30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud,
> > boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,  31  Without
> > understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable,
> > unmerciful:  32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit
> > such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure
>  in
> > them that do them."
> >
> > Fembot BS:  Monica Sjöö and Barbara Mor "Women control our own bodies"
> > [read: even married women have the right to have sex with anyone they want
> > to]
> >
> > Mary Daly: "When sexual caste is seen as the `original sin' upon which
>  other
> > manifestations of oppression are modeled, it becomes eminently
>  unreasonable
> > to feel guilt over according it priority."
> >
> > Judy Mann: "Christianity, patriarchy, and abuse are all wrapped up
>  together,
> > and together they doom girls to second-class citizenship." (The
>  Difference,
> > p. 289)
> >
> > Sheila Cronan: "Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of
> > marriage".
> > Mary Ann Mason: "For many women the route to liberation from domestic
> > drudgery was liberation from the family." [read: the right to commit
> > adultery is more important than the family and children]
> >

> > Shall I go on?  Or is the comparison too simple, too cut-and-dried for me
> > continue?  What you, dear friend, have said, was the most intelligent
>  thing
> > I've ever read from you.  "...we have acquired a sick kind of macho
>  culture,
> > where manhood is defined by sexual prowess, and in particular by the
>  numbers
> > of females one has been able to sack.  For some men, the adjective
>  "willing"
> > has been lost from before "female"."
> >
> > Bob, we have acquired this culture by our summary societal disposal of the
> > Holy Bible as the rule and norm for our lives.  Simply stopping
>  fornication,
> > as impossible as this may seem, not only kicks broken condoms to the curb
> > but also prevents all bastard pregnancies and curtails all STD's because
> > there is NO genital contact.  Stopping homosexual contact stops AIDS.
> > Stopping adultery and frying this culture that declares men and women as
> > each other's sex toys in the fires of hell from which it came will end in
> > culture with men and women truly loving and respecting each other.
>  Stopping
> > all of this feral, adulterous, crotch-grabbing crap can only end up in a
> > society where men are measured by their strength and integrity and women
>  are
> > measured by their wisdom and beauty.  We presently live in a society where
> > the common belief is "if it feels good, do it".  Sure, sex feels good.

Up to this point, I've agreed with everything you've said, especially
your remarks about feminism.

> > A previous complaint was raised in this thread concerning the USA having
>  the
> > most censorship in the world.  I say, the USA doesn't have a high enough
> > rate or standard of censorship.

What, not enough censorship in the USA? Whoa, now you've crossed the
line. Any thinking person knows that censorship is unacceptable except
in certain cases of national defense. You can't legislate morality. By
the way, if you don't like the freedoms we have have here in the USA,
you're welcome to go elsewhere. Countries who have governments similar
to the Taliban would welcome another like-minded person, I'm sure.

>  You used to have to enter a back alley or
> > fire hall at midnight with a secret password to watch a "girlie" film.
>  You
> > can now observe "high-quality adult videos" on the Internet for free or
>  for
> > a nominal fee.  You can now subscribe to HBO, Cinemax, or Showtime and
>  watch
> > full frontal nudity at midnight.  You can discreetly rent or purchase
>  adult
> > videos to watch in your own privacy.

You have a problem with this kind of freedom?  I'd fight to the death
before allowing someone to take away my freedom to watch full frontal
nudity on videos and pay cable channels. Like Patrick Henry said,
"Give me liberty or give me death".

>  Pornography is no longer in a back
> > alley or a fire hall or a Storeyville Red Light district.  Pornography is
>  in
> > your livingroom, day and night.

The trouble with moralizers like yourself is that you don't know the
difference between risque, sexy adult entertainment and real
pornography. You would throw the baby out with the bath water. While
I'm repulsed and offended by true pornography like "Debbie Does
Dallas", I would never be in favor of having it banned because of
people like yourself. You would also ban some of great classic movies
like "A Clockwork Orange" because they contain full frontal nudity.

> We do not have enough censorship,

Who's standard would you use for your censorship? Would all TV shows
and movies have to be at the "Leave it to Beaver" and "Lassie" levels?
Or would those programs be too violent and risque?

> > and censorship, coupled with daily Bible readings and instruction in
> > morality,
> > will put this feral culture of sex out the door.

Daily Bible readings? Hummm... You better be careful about your
censorship plans. Some of the stuff in the Bible might have to be
excised so it could conform.

4dtvman