brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at lojban.org
Wed Aug 28 05:47:47 EST 2002

"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:
>"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
>news:s12omusunoop7mpmog631td3c7v2fv7n0j at 4ax.com...
>> I challenge you to find it anywhere in the California penal code
>> http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html
>> where adultery per se is illegal.  You will find the word exactly
>> once, and it refers only to adultery within the limits of
>> consanguinity (i.e. incest)
>>
>> Since you cite on your page that it was a law in 1911, and it is not a
>> law now, then it unquestionably has been repealed.  If you think it
>> hasn't, then provide a proper citation to the current law, preferably
>> with a quote of the full text.
>>
>> >285.  Persons being within the degrees of consanguinity within which
>> >marriages are declared by law to be incestuous and void, who
>> >intermarry with each other, or who commit fornication or adultery
>> >with each other, are punishable by imprisonment in the state prison.

>If you cannot produce the date, author, and bill number of the statute which
>repealed a single state statute like the adultery statute, then it has not
>been repealed, and you know it.

False.

There is presently no law against adultery between non-incestuous
adults in California.  Since you claim that there was such a law in
1911, then either YOU are lying that there was such a law or YOU are
lying when you say that the law was not repealed.  And YOU know it.

>And you cannot do that.

Actually, I could, if I wanted to go to a law library or call a
California lawyer.

>But the simple fact that *you*, a boneheaded "liberal", "think" that
>adultery law is meaningless,

There is no such law in California.

>or should be ignored,

It should, unless you are in the military.

>or is a minor event,

It is a minor misdemeanor in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

>is
>just one more piece of evidence that you're a total moron who doesn't even
>deserve the protection of the US Constitution.

Whether I "deserve it" or not, I am still in fact protected by the US
Constitution.

lojbab