brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Wed Aug 28 12:43:06 EST 2002

"[ DocJeff ]" <anti at spamming.org> wrote in message
news:akhu6j$ikh$1 at geraldo.cc.utexas.edu...
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:48:57 GMT, John Knight wrote:
>
> >> I admit no such thing.  I admit approving that prosecution for
> >> adultery is becoming rare.  But I remind you that California's law
> >> against adultery, that you quote on your website, WAS in fact
> >> repealed, and there is no law against adultery in California.
> >
> > No,  the law in California has NOT been repealed, which means
> > adultery is ILLEGAL.
>
>         No, sir, what it means is that if  you get CAUGHT at adultery,
> you MAY be prosecuted.  Odds are very good that you wouldn't get caught
> unless you're a high-profile adulterer. And even if you were to get
> caught, the odds are even better that you won't be prosecuted because
> adultery is not exactly a killed_my_kid type of crime.

What it means is that the courts are refusing to uphold one of the most
important laws in a civilized society, and this law IS a " killed_my_kid
type of crime", because conceiving the milk man's child through adultery has
*exactly* the same effect.

It's actually worse for all of society in the long run.

> > By stating "Good" when it's noted that the law is not being upheld,
> > you are an accomplice to a CRIME, and a serious crime at that.  It's
> > just as serious a crime as murder, which is why it's right next to
> > "You shall not murder" in the Ten Commandments.
>
>         "Thou shalt not kill." is the correct wording there. There is a
> difference between Thou and You as there is a difference between kill
> and murder.

The correct word is "murder".  It wasn't a commandment not to kill tigers in
the woods--it was a commandment not to murder.

The following is an example that is NOT murder:

Deuteronomy 20:12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war
against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

Deuteronomy 20:13 and when Jehovah thy God delivereth it into thy hand, thou
shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

Deuteronomy 20:14 but the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and
all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take for a
prey unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which
Jehovah thy God hath given thee.

Deuteronomy 20:15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far
off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

Deuteronomy 20:16 But of the cities of these peoples, that Jehovah thy God
giveth thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that
breatheth;

Deuteronomy 20:17 but thou shalt utterly destroy them: the Hittite, and the
Amorite, the Canaanite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite; as
Jehovah thy God hath commanded thee;

Deuteronomy 20:18 that they teach you not to do after all their
abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so would ye sin against
Jehovah your God.

Deuteronomy 20:19 When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war
against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by wielding
an axe against them; for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut
them down; for is the tree of the field man, that it should be besieged of
thee?

Deuteronomy 20:20 Only the trees of which thou knowest that they are not
trees for food, thou shalt destroy and cut them down; and thou shalt build
bulwarks against the city that maketh war with thee, until it fall.

John Knight