brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

Bob LeChevalier lojbab at lojban.org
Wed Aug 28 16:40:18 EST 2002

"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:
>What it means is that the courts are refusing to uphold one of the most
>important laws in a civilized society,

Actually the courts are not "refusing to uphold" it, the police aren't
even trying to arrest people for it.  But since we have a civilized
society, and yet society does not consider the law worth upholding,
obviously it is NOT one of the most important laws.

>>         "Thou shalt not kill." is the correct wording there. There is a
>> difference between Thou and You as there is a difference between kill
>> and murder.
>
>The correct word is "murder".

Ah, but the Holy Scripture translates it as "kill".  There are two
Hebrew words in the Bible for "murder" One is H2026 "harag", whereas
the word in the commandment is Strongs H7523 "Ratsach".  Are H2026
murderers not the same as H7523 murderers even though a different word
is used?  Therefore it is at least as likely that Jews and Israelites
could be referring to the same peoples in a given Bible reference.

Bible quote that mentions neither the word "kill" nor "murder" deleted
except:

>Deuteronomy 20:17 but thou shalt utterly destroy them: the Hittite, and the
>Amorite, the Canaanite,

Therefore there were no descendants of the Canaanites.

lojbab