brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Thu Aug 29 20:05:46 EST 2002

"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab at lojban.org> wrote in message
news:qh2tmu4ip7l16r4he28lfju6bfkm0i7r3h at 4ax.com...
> "John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:
> >The Israelites continually failed to live up to God's commands--and they
> >were continuously punished by God for it.
>
> Then why would you have the gall to proclaim that they upheld the one
> commandment your theology relies on: that they would remain racially
> pure and never permit anyone not of their "race" in their midst?
>
> lojbab

It's a cycle.  Israelites fall away from God, then Israelites come to their
senses and throw all the riff-raff out, just like we're getting ready to do
yet again:

Ezra 9:1  Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying,
The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated
themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their
abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the
Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.

Ezra 9:2  For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for
their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of
those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this
trespass.

Ezra 10:3  Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all
the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my
lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be
done according to the law.

----

Nehemiah 9:1 Now in the twenty and fourth day of this month the children of
Israel were assembled with fasting, and with sackcloth, and earth upon them.

Nehemiah 9:2 And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all
foreigners, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their
fathers.

Nehemiah 9:3 And they stood up in their place, and read in the book of the
law of Jehovah their God a fourth part of the day; and another fourth part
they confessed, and worshipped Jehovah their God.

----

Deuteronomy 7:1 When Jehovah thy God shall bring thee into the land whither
thou goest to possess it, and shall cast out many nations before thee, the
Hittite, and the Girgashite, and the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the
Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, seven nations greater and
mightier than thou;

Deuteronomy 7:2 and when Jehovah thy God shall deliver them up before thee,
and thou shalt smite them; then thou shalt utterly destroy them: thou shalt
make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them;

Deuteronomy 7:3 neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter
thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy
son.

John Knight