brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Thu Aug 29 20:20:39 EST 2002

And what was this list supposed to prove, Cary?

That women DO understand physics, after all?  That TIMSS was wrong?

Do you realize that there is only ONE woman who has EVER won a Nobel Prize
in either physics or chemistry besides the Phonie Curie's, and that was
during the era of affirmative ation--which makes her prize suspect even IF
she deserved it?
http://www.almaz.com/nobel/women.html

Conversely, compared to women, men are:

Ninety seven percent of "Noted American Cartoonists".
Ninety seven percent of "Noted Business Leaders, Industrialists, &
Philanthropists".
Seventy eight percent of "Noted Personalities".
Eighty six percent of winners of "The Springdarn Medal" by the NAACP.
Ninety nine percent of "National Inventors' Hall of Fame".
Eighty five percent of Computer Science Doctorates.
Ninety nine point nine percent of America's 524,732 battle deaths.
One hundred percent  of "National Aviation Hall of Fame".
One hundred percent  of "National Baseball Hall of Fame".
One hundred percent  of "College Football Hall of Fame".
One hundred percent  of "Pro Football Hall of Fame".
One hundred percent  of "National Basketball Association Champions".
One hundred percent  of "National Hockey League Yearly Trophy Winners".
One hundred percent  of "American Bowling Congress Champions".
One hundred percent  of "World Boxing Title Holders".
One hundred percent  of "World Wrestling Championships".
One hundred percent  of "Kentucky Derby Winners".
One hundred percent  of "Tour de France Winners".
One hundred percent  of "Harness Racing Records".
One hundred percent  of "Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association Winners".
One hundred percent  of "US Open Championships" in golf.
One hundred percent  of "Indianapolis 500" auto racing winners.
One hundred percent  of "World Gran Prix Driver Champions".
One hundred percent  of "America's Cup Record" in yachting.
One hundred percent  of "World Champions in Chess".
One hundred percent  of "US Champions in Chess".
One hundred percent  of Fortune 500 Corporations' CEOs.
One hundred percent of US presidents.
One hundred percent of the authors of constitutions.
One hundred percent of the original disciples of world religions.
One hundred percent  of "Poets Laureate of England".
One hundred percent  of "Enrico Fermi Award Winners".
One hundred percent  of "Templeton Foundation Prize for Progress in
 Religion".
Ninety percent of "Bollingen Prize in Poetry Winners".
Ninety nine point seven percent of "Nobel Prize in Physics" winners.
Ninety nine percent of "Nobel Prize in Chemistry" winners.
Ninety six percent of "Nobel Prize for Medicine" winners*.
One hundred percent  of "Nobel Prize for Economic Science" winners.
Ninety eight (oops, ninety three, oops ninety) percent of "Nobel Prize in
Literature" winners.
Ninety five percent of "Nobel Peace Prize" winners.
One hundred percent  of "Pulitzer Prize for News Photography" winners.
Ninety six percent of "Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting" winnners.
One hundred percent  of Navy SEALS.

John Knight

"Cary Kittrell" <cary at afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message
news:aklskq$adr$1 at oasis.ccit.arizona.edu...
> In article  "John Knight" <johnknight at usa.com> writes:
> <
> <
> <"Tom Breton" <tehom at REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com> wrote in message
> <news:m3sn1ckoh0.fsf at panix.com...
> <>
>     {...}
> <>
> <> In a final remark, let me emphasize that I don't denigrate Marie
Curie's
> <> work.  I *certainly* don't think she set back France or nuclear
> <> research.  I just don't like see it spun and made out to be more than
it
> <> was.  I can see past the spin, and I wish you could too.
>
> <
> <The problem with presuming that Marie's contribution was anything other
than
> <"artistic", as Pierre wrote, is that we haven't a shred of evidence that
> <there has been a woman "physicist" in the century since Marie got the
Nobel