brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Fri Aug 30 13:28:43 EST 2002

"Zayton" <zayton at bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:aMzb9.96395$%v4.5303758 at e3500-atl2.usenetserver.com...

> AHA! But, you see John, in order to be "remnants", then by all of your own
> definitions, they must BE children and descendants of Abraham. They are
the
> children, the "seed" who remain. Some have died. Some have abandoned their
> faith, culture or nation. These remain! If they were never Children, Never
> descendants, never offspring, then they could not BE a "remnant". ( Though
> let us remember that Remnant is just a possible implication of the term,
it
> primarily means, quite simply, and quite precicely that their line sprang
> from the sperm or seed of Abraham.

You clearly don't understand the use of the term "remnant" here, and it's
probably because you're a jew, which means that you'll never "understand"
[read: admit] it.  There isn't a single word here that suggests that Christ
claimed that anybody died off, or abandoned their faith or nation.

By claiming that they were "remnants of Abraham", Christ acknowledged ONLY
that Abraham was an ancestor of these jews.

He said they were NOT the "children" of Abraham, but that they WERE the
"children" of the devil:

John 8:44  "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it
is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not
in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he
speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof."

Are you getting the picture here?  The word "children", which refers to
their genealogy, is translated from the Greek word "teknon":

=================================
offspring, children
child
a male child, a son
metaph.
the name transferred to that intimate and reciprocal relationship formed
between men by the bonds of love, friendship, trust, just as between parents
and children
in affectionate address, such as patrons, helpers, teachers and the like
employ: my child
in the NT, pupils or disciples are called children of their teachers,
because the latter by their instruction nourish the minds of their pupils
and mould their characters
children of God: in the OT of "the people of Israel" as especially dear to
God, in the NT, in Paul's writings, all who are led by the Spirit of God and
thus closely related to God
children of the devil: those who in thought and action are prompted by the
devil, and so reflect his character
metaph.
of anything who depends upon it, is possessed by a desire or affection for
it, is addicted to it
one who is liable to any fate 1c
thus children of a city: it citizens and inhabitants
the votaries of wisdom, those souls who have, as it were, been nurtured and
moulded by wisdom
cursed children, exposed to a curse and doomed to God's wrath or penalty
=================================

> If they were never Children, Never
> descendants, never offspring, then they could not BE a "remnant".

So you expect us to believe you and not believe Christ?:

John 8:37  "I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me,
because my word hath no place in you."

John 8:39  "They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus
saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of
Abraham."

They WERE remnants of Abraham, they were NOT "children" of Abraham, but they
WERE "children" of the devil--and you certainly don't expect us to believe
that Christ was claiming that Abraham was the devil, do you?

John Knight